Make sure to SHARE this Recipe with others!
My Picky Eater has proclaimed that all Homemade Chicken Taquitos are his. He is not sharing! Haha… It’s unfortunately true as he will eat a pan all by himself if I don’t carefully pull some aside.
Homemade Chicken Taquitos
Making homemade chicken taquitos is quick and easy, especially using shredded chicken that you’ve made earlier for an easy meal prep. But even if you make your shredded chicken now, this recipe is a cinch to throw together.
6 Servings | Ready in 30 minutes | Good for Dinner | 6qt Instant Pot
I have always found that I enjoy taquitos. But of course, made fresh they are wonderful. When made with a corn tortilla, these Homemade Chicken Taquitos are Gluten Free as well.
What is a Taquito?
A Taquito is simply put, a rolled tortilla and can be filled with a variety meats and cheeses. These are small when rolled and can be fried or baked. Eaten easily in your hands and dipping into Salsa, Sour Cream, and even a guacamole.
How to make shredded chicken
This recipe calls for 3 cups of Shredded Chicken, Making Shredded Chicken in your Instant Pot is quick and easy. Place 1 cup of broth or water in your instant pot and place 2-3 large Chicken Breasts. Add Salt and Pepper and 2 tsp of crushed garlic. Set your instant Pot to 15 minutes will a full natural release. When the pin drops remove chicken and quickly shred with 2 forks while it’s hot. You are ready to add your chicken into a variety of meals or freeze for later use.
What can I serve Chicken Taquitos with?
If my Picky Eater son doesn’t just devour the entire pan, I like to dip Chicken Taquitos into a traditional salsa dip and make Spanish Rice on the side. I also love dousing taquitos with my Tomitillo Salsa Recipe as well. You can also easily pair this recipe with my Sweet Corn Cakes Recipe too. There really isn’t a bad combination when it comes to Mexican Food
What kind of tortilla should I use?
Making Taquitos I prefer the taco size tortilla, however you can also use the Street Taco Sized tortilla as well. It’s important to remember that a Taquito is a thin rolled taco, so meats and cheeses placed inside should be spread thin for best results. I use both a corn tortilla and a flour tortilla depending on our moods. Using a corn tortilla will make this a Gluten Free Recipe.
Want to Save this Recipe for Later?
Looking for more great Recipes?
Let me help!
- 3 Cup Shredded Chicken (about 2 large chicken breasts)
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup+ Can Rotel Tomatoes with liquid
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- 10-12 tortillas
- 2 TBS Butter melted
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth*optional
- Sour Cream
- Place 1 cup water in Instant Pot
- Place 2-3 Chicken Breasts or 8-10 Chicken Tenders in Instant Pot
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper
- Add 1 Tbs Crushed Garlic
- Set Instant Pot to Manual High (Pressure Cook) for 15 Minutes with a 15 Minute Natural Release
- Remove Chicken and shred
- In a bowl add 3 cups shredded chicken
- Add Seasonings (Cumin, Chili Powder, and Garlic Powder) and stir
- Add softened cream cheese
- Add Rotel Tomatoes and cheese
- Stir to combine
- Place a spoonful of chicken on each tortilla and roll.
- Place in greased baking dish. Continue until all taquitos have been rolled
- Brush melted butter on top of Taquitos
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, tomatoes, cheese, etc