Small Hand Held Sliders. YUM! Welcome Chicken Fajita Sliders for your next game night or weekend social. We promise, these Chicken Fajita Sliders will be devoured and a favorite among your guests.
Brush the Hawaiian Rolls with a zesty buttery glaze and bake. Oh yum! Is your mouth watering? Mine sure is.
Serves 6 | Great for Dinner or Appetizer | 6 Qt Instant Pot
Do you like to Meal Prep? Because I do! In fact, I always seem to have a bag of Shredded Chicken in my Freezer for such an occasion.
I never know when my son will be having friends over for games or to watch a movie and this has saved me a time to two.
But don't worry if you don't have any shredded chicken on hand. We've got directions for you to make it fresh in your Instant Pot. It's easily made, I promise.
Mix up the Fajita Seasonings in a bowl . You will use half the seasonings for the chicken and the other half on the vegetables.
Slice your chicken thin and place in a bowl on zip-loc bag and sprinkle seasoning over top and shake to coat. Repeat the same with the sliced vegetables.
Add water to the bottom of your Instant Pot, and place the trivet on the bottom. I then like to use a piece of foil folded to about the size of the trivet to place the chicken on.
It helps keep the meat up and out of the liquid.
Set your Pressure Cooker to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 5 minutes, with a 5 minute Natural Release (NR) and then open lid and place your veggies on top and cook on Manual (Pressure Cook) high for 1 minute.
Then Quick Release. Your meat and veggies are all done in one pot!
Slice your Hawaiian Rolls in half horizontally and place the bottom portion in a greased baking dish. Add the Cilantro Lime Dip on the bread and place your Fajita Chicken on top, and then top with your sautéed veggies.
Don't forget to top with cheese. Brush with a yummy Buttery Garlic mixture and throw into the oven to bake.
Just a minute while I run to the kitchen to make these mouthwatering Chicken Fajita Sliders. haha...
How to Cook Chicken Fajita Sliders
If you like to meal prep you can certainly make these sliders using shredded chicken. However, they are simple enough to make on their own fresh too.
Regardless, layer up your chicken with veggies and cheese.
What goes with Chicken Fajita Sliders
Anything Mexican really! Why not try some Watermelon Salsa. The sweet Salsa is really good!
How to Season Chicken Fajita Sliders
Of course you can just purchased a package Fajita Seasoning Mix, but we prefer to make it ourselves with Cumin, Onion Powder, Paprika, Chili Powder and a little sugar. It's delicious
How to make Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
We've got you covered! Making Oven Chicken Fajitas is easy and here's the recipe for you!
SAVE and PIN for Later
Don't stop with these Chicken Fajita Sliders, We've got more!
In the mood for some Taco's? How about...
Chicken Fajita Sliders
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ tablespoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Sliced
- ½ Onion - Sliced
- ½ Red Bell Pepper - Sliced
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper - Sliced
- ½ Green Bell Pepper - Sliced
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Dip Spread
- 6 Slices Cheese or 1 cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 pkg 12 Hawaiian Rolls
- 2 tbs butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Lime
- Mix all of the ingredients for the seasoning into a small bowl. Set aside, we aren't ready for this just yet.
- Slice Chicken Breasts thin and set aside
- Slice Onion and Bell Peppers and set aside
- Divide seasoning mixture in half and sprinkle ½ seasoning mixture on top of chicken and the other half on the sliced vegetables. Toss to coat
- Place 1 cup water in Instant Pot
- Place Chicken in Steamer Basket OR use a trivet and place a piece of tin foil on top.
- Set to Manual (Pressure Cook) high for 5 Minutes. Allow a 5 Minute Natural Release (NR) and then Quick Release (QR) and open lid
- Place Sliced Vegetables on top and quickly close lid
- Set to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 1 Minute and Quick Release (QR)
- Open Lid and remove basket with Chicken Fajitas and vegetables.
- Squeeze juice from 1 lime over Fajitas.
- Slice Hawaiian Rolls horizontally and spread with Cilantro Lime Spread (optional)
- Layer Chicken Fajitas, Vegetables and Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese and place roll tops on top.
- Brush with melted butter and garlic
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.