Make sure to SHARE this Recipe with others!
Making Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot is my favorite Meal Prep Trick for easy Casseroles, Sandwiches, Burritos and so much more!
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Of course Chicken can be prepared many many ways, but this is how I make Shredded Chicken in my Instant Pot. You can also make Shredded Chicken in your Crock Pot. Make sure to check out that recipe too!
I like to season my chicken, it just gives it extra great flavor. A little salt and pepper goes a long way and of course some crushed garlic too!
For the Instant Pot or any Pressure Cooker you will need some liquid. I use either water or chicken broth. The chicken will pick up the flavors from the broth so I use it whenever possible.
Cooking times can vary depending on if you are using Chicken Tenders or a thicker Chicken Breast. I buy my Chicken Breasts in bulk, so that is what I use. Makes perfect sense, right? So use what you have and adjust the time as needed because of the thickness of your chicken.
For Chicken Breasts, I will do 3-6 breast for 18 minutes Manual High Pressure (Pressure Cook) with a 20 minute Natural Release.
For Chicken Tenders cook for 6-8 minutes with a 10 minute Natural Release.
Prepping for meals is a game changer. Shredded chicken is something I use every week and making a larger batch just makes sense because I can freeze it so easily in specific portions for later use.
Once the chicken is cooked and shredded I measure out, typically in about 3 cup measurements which is what works perfectly for my family.
How to use Shredded Chicken
Oh the possibilities are endless… Here are a few of my favorite recipes to use Shredded Chicken with
- BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad
- Chicken Stuffed Cream Cheese Croissants
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Hawaiian Haystacks
- 3-6 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup water or Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbs Crushed Garlic
- Place water or Chicken Broth in Bottom of Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Place Chicken in Instant Pot on Trivet
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper over Chicken Breasts
- Sprinkle crushed garlic on chicken
- Close Instant Pot Lid and check to make sure pressure valve is closed
- Set on Manual (Presser Cook) High for 18 minutes
- Allow a 20 minute Natural Release
- Remove Chicken Breasts and one at a time shred chicken with forks
- Use in a meal, or package and freeze for later use
Make sure to check out the great recipes linked in the post to use Shredded Chicken
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 205 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 632mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 38g