Who knew this would be so good! BBQ Chicken Tostadas with Red Onion & Pineapple is a great appetizer or main course, make sure to make extra. It's that good!
I am obsessed with BBQ Chicken, but not just plain BBQ Chicken, I want more! I want garlic, and red onion and the sweet juicy pineapple too. It's my favorite Pizza whenever I order, and I love to bake up a good BBQ Chicken Breast too.
The combination of the Red Onion with the sauce does it for me every time. My tastebuds are in heaven and I'm ready for another bite!
Another Family favorite is the Mandarin Chicken recipe, which is more of a dump and go style recipe that can be made in the Instant Pot or Crock Pot. Oh that is delicious too!
6 Servings | Ready in 40 minutes | Good for Dinner | 6qt Instant Pot
I won't lie, I make these BBQ Chicken Tostadas and it's a rush to get some because they get eaten up so quickly.
So I've learned my lesson and now make double. And they still all disappear!
Skip making the chicken and buy a rotisserie chicken and piece it up. It's a quick time saving hack and you won't be disappointed!
It's super quick and easy to make shredded chicken in your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker.
Add your chicken breasts, salt, pepper, and of course garlic and set to 15 minutes High Pressure with a 15 minute natural release.
Your chicken breasts will shred easily and be ready for these amazing BBQ Chicken Tostadas.
Don't forget to add a cup of water or broth to the bottom so your Instant Pot will pressure up!
How to make BBQ Chicken Tostadas
Making BBQ Chicken Tostadas is easy. Even the little hands in your house can help with this recipe. Let them build their own and you might be surprised how quickly they eat it up!
Place toppings of chicken, red onion and Pineapple on top and sprinkle with cheese.
Then Bake to melt cheese and seal the deal on this MVP Recipe!
What is a Tostada?
A Tostada is simply a crispy flat corn tortilla shell.
You can buy them and they look just like a large flat corn chip, or you can fry them up yourselves in oil. Either way it's a fun Mexican tradition in your meal planning.
How to make a homemade Tostada Shell
To make a home made Tostada shell, heat up oil in a frying pan. I prefer to use a Cast Iron Skillet using a Canola or Vegetable Oil.
Heat the oil until hot and place one tortilla into the hot oil for about 30-40 seconds and flip using tongs. Then let it fry for about 30 seconds more.
The tortilla should sizzle. I like to use a medium high heat (7-8) on my gas stove.
Pull your now crispy tortilla out of the hot oil using tongs and place on paper towels.
This will help absorb some of that extra oil and allow the shells to firm up. Within minutes they are ready to use as a Tostada Shell and place your toppings on!
What are your favorite toppings? We have loved BBQ Chicken topped off with Red Onion and Pineapple tidbits.
A Mexican blended cheese is also ideal for this recipe and a drizzle of more BBQ Sauce on top. Trust me, add the Pineapple. It's delicious!
We all love a nice 2 bite appetizer, but let's be real.
Sometimes you need a bit more. I have found with my boys that this recipe for BBQ Chicken Tostada is a WINNER!
In fact, my boys voted this recipe MVP of the Super Bowl Party we had. They were inhaled well before the 1st quarter was over and I was asked to make more.
Thank goodness for the Instant Pot, making shedded chicken is a breeze. And more were ready to be well before half time.
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? PIN IT NOW!
BBQ Chicken Tostada
- 3 Cups Chicken Breast Shredded
- 1 ½ Cups BBQ Sauce *Divided
- 1 Cup Mexican Blended Cheese
- ¼ Cup Red Onion Diced
- ½ Cup Pineapple Tidbits
- 6 Corn Tostada Shells
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken:
- Place 1 cup water or broth in the bottom of Instant Pot
- Add 2 large or 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts into pot
- add Salt and Pepper and 1 Tbs crushed garlic.
- Set to Manual High/Pressure Cook for 15 minutes with a 15 minute natural release.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred.
- BBQ Chicken Tostada Instructions:
- Mix 3 cups shredded chicken and 1 cup BBQ Sauce in a separate bowl and set aside
- Dice ⅓ Cup red onion
- Rinse and drain Pineapple
- On a Cookie Sheet lay out 6 pre-packaged tostada shells.
- Place ½ cup shredded chicken and bbq sauce mixture evenly on Tostada Shells
- Add Red Onion and Pineapple to each shell with chicken
- Sprinkle Mexican Blend Cheese on top
- Drizzle remaining BBQ Sauce on to of each Tostada
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Use Rotisserie Chicken and piece up in this recipe. It's a huge time saver!
- Make Shredded Chicken and freeze for later. Then pull out an let thaw and use for this recipe!
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.