Pecan Sandies are all ready a favorite cookie of mine, but dipped in Chocolate takes them to a new level of goodness. Dipped Chocolate Pecan Sandies quickly became a huge hit in our home. What about yours?
I absolutely LOVE my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and I LOVE all the tricks and hacks to make recipes easier.
Melting Chocolate is super simple when using the Saute' feature on my Instant Pot.
No more burning chocolate. Just a nice smooth melt to dip all my favorite treats into
10 Servings | Ready in 40 minutes | Good for Dessert | 6qt Instant Pot
Instant Pot Trick:
I'm not kidding on how simple this trick is. In your Instant Pot place 5-6 cups water and set to Saute'.
Using a larger glass bowl, place on top of your Instant Pot. This will create a double boiler.
Place your chocolate pieces in the bowl and allow the water to heat up below. As the water heats up, the chocolate will melt.
Stir with a rubber or silicone spatula until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to Warm to keep melted chocolate a perfect consistency.
Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies
Keebler makes these amazing cookies that are delicious all on their own. Seriously, if you haven't tried them, get some. They are wonderful in many recipes.
To step up your game, dip these cookies in milk or semi sweet chocolate and allow to cool. Or take them to a new level and sprinkle Toffee Bits on top. Oh WOW! You won't stop at just one.
Now that your mind is thinking how great this is... here are a few more recipes to dip into!
- Candy Dipped Valentine's Day OREOs
- Leprechaun Dipped OREO's
- Watch for more Dipped Cookies too!
How do you thin chocolate for dipping?
Often times you will need to thin chocolate down for the perfect dipping consistency.
I use shortening. Add 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
Shortening will melt, like the chocolate and stir until smooth. As the chocolate and shortening cool, it will harden up perfectly.
How to Store Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies Cookies:
After you have dipped your Pecan Sandies Cookies, place on wax paper until hardened. Then store in an airtight container with wax paper separating layers as needed.
Can you Freeze Chocolate Dipped Cookies?
Of course you can freeze Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies Cookies.
In fact, I've done it often as it saves me time when I need a fun treat or dessert.
Lay cookies flat and separate with wax paper to separate layers. Freeze.
When ready to eat, pull out of the freezer and allow to sit on counter for 30 minutes or more. Enjoy!
How Long will Cookies last in the Freezer?
Cookies will last up to 3 months in the freezer. If you can keep cookies around that long, we need to be friend! Mine seem to disappear in less than a month!
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? PIN IT NOW!
Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies Cookies
- 1 pkg Keebler Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies
- 1 Pkg Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips ~ Milk or Semi Sweet
- ½ - 1 Tbs Shortening
- ½ Cup Toffee Bits optional
- Instant Pot:
- Pour 5-6 Cups water in Instant Pot and set to Saute'
- Place large glass bowl on top of Instant Pot and pour Chocolate Chips in bowl
- Allow water to heat up and create steam. The Steam will heat up the glass bowl and melt the chocolate chips.
- Add ½ to 1 Tbs Shortening to chocolate to thin it down for dipping.
- Line Baking sheet with wax paper
- Dip Pecan Sandies Cookies into chocolate and place on wax paper to cool
- (Optional) Sprinkle Toffee Bits onto chocolate and allow to cool.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Add ½ to 1 Tbs Shortening to chocolate to thing it down for dipping.
- Line Baking sheet with wax paper and dip Cookies into chocolate. Place on wax paper to cool
- Sprinkle with Toffee Bits (option)
Submit a Comment