March is a fun month, Spring is almost here, flowers begin to bud, and we have St. Patricks Day antics too! It’s the Luck of the Irish and there is always room to celebrate, especially with Dipped Oreos sprinkled in their own gold! If you can manage to catch the lucky leprechaun then you just might be lucky enough to find a few pieces of his gold he left behind. But if not, making these Dipped Oreos will almost suffice, especially with the course golden sugar used on top.
In the busy life of a mom, it’s not always easy to bake fresh. I have found that using what’s available I can still make fun treats for my kiddos that bring endless smiles to their faces. These Dipped Oreos are a must for just that reason. St. Patricks Day was always fun with the kids in making a leprechaun trap where they hopelessly tried to catch that darn leprechaun! They ever only managed to find a few pieces of gold left behind, but it was fun to see what they would come up with year to year.
This recipe hardly even needs any explanation as the video does a pretty good job of showing you exactly what to do. Regardless, You will melt your white chocolate chips with crisco. You can even use Vegetable Oil if that’s what you have. I heat this up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then stir. Then put back into the microwave for about 15 seconds and then stir. I repeat this until the chips are smooth and melted. Do not try to just heat up the chips for 1 minute. You will essentially bake the chips and make it impossible to melt. They will get chalky and hard. Go slow, 15 seconds at a time.
Then I place waxed paper on a smooth surface like a cutting board. I dip 1/2 of the oreo in the melted white chocolate and place on the wax paper. After I have done a row, I then quickly sprinkle with the golden sugar. Wilton makes a great coarse golden sugar you can purchase too! When I’m done, I throw them into my freezer, fridge, or someplace cool so they can set up. And that’s it! They are done. Ready to be eaten and devoured.
The fun traditions that surround St. Patricks Day are unique and bring smiles for just believing in a little mischief. It doesn’t matter if you find a four leafed clover, catch a leprechaun, Find a pot of gold or kiss someone who’s Irish. These little traditions are fun and you can build new traditions with your family by just making these fun Dipped Oreos.
- 2 cups White chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbs Crisco *or Vegetable Oil
- 1 pkg Oreo Cookies
- 1/4 cup Golden Sugar Sprinkles
- In a bowl place White Chocolate Chips and Crisco. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds and then stir and put back in microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Do NOT heat up all at once. You will bake the chips, they will turn chalky and hard. Heat in small 15 second time frames and stir in between.
- Dip 1/2 of cookie into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to dry. After doing 5-10 sprinkle with golden sugar. Then Repeat until you do not have any more cookies!
- Place in freezer or refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden. Store in a cool dry place. Enjoy