This is a winner, a Kentucky Derby Winner Recipe for sure! Kentucky Bourbon Steak Bites are packed full of rich flavor, delicious and tasty too.
Steak Bites are quick and easy to prepare as they take only minutes to cook.
A little bit of marinating time helps the flavor really dig deep into a beautiful strip steak that you will be talking about for awhile.
Give it a try, this recipe was devoured!
It only takes a minute to cube up the steak and place it into a z-lock bag with some of your favorite bourbon (or Beef Broth if you prefer), along with some course steak seasonings and Worcestershire sauce.
Then allow this to marinate for 1-2 hours. It’s as easy as that. Meanwhile you can wash and slice some mushrooms and thinly slice some sweet onions.
I love mushrooms and onions, in fact I would eat them cooked up for dinner if I could. Yummy!
Cookin’ it up:
Over a medium/high heat in a fry pan or a cast iron pan, allow the pan to get hot and then add some olive oil. Allow that oil to get heated up as well, but don’t burn it.
Then place the steak bites in the hot pan. Hear the sizzle? Oh yum! Allow them to cook for 1 minute and then with tongs turn them over and cook 1 minute more.
Cooking time will vary depending on desired pan temperature and how you prefer your meat. This will give a good medium cook to the bites. Cook more or less, however you prefer.
On the Side:
When your steak bites are done, remove them from the pan but leave all those yummy seasonings and juices behind. Add butter to your hot frying pan and add your mushrooms and onions.
Those rich Kentucky Bourbon flavors will infuse right into your mushrooms and onions. It’s wonderful. You can always substitute Beef Broth for the bourbon if you prefer.
You will still have a lovely flavor in both your steak and veggies.
Saute’ these mushrooms and onions up until desired doneness and then you can plate your meal. The veggies give a nice bed for the steak bites. You can also serve this with our Savory Rice.
This recipe compliments it well.
I have served Kentucky Steak Bites as both a main course as well as an appetizer.
When serving a crowd potluck style I plate on a large plate on a bed of rice with mushrooms and onions making a nice rim around the steak bites in the center of the plate.
It’s easy for my guests to dish up and get all the flavors.
As an appetizer you can serve with picks too. Anyway you server Kentucky Bourbon Steak Bites will become a new family favorite as they are so full of delicious flavor.
Kentucky Burbon Steak Bites
- 2 12oz Strip Steaks Cubed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 oz Bourbon *Substitute Beef Broth
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs Coarse Steak Seasonings Crack pepper, and steak seasonings
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 pint Mushrooms Washed and sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion Sliced Thin
- Cut steak into 1 inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add Bourbon, Steak Seasonings, Garlic, and Worcestershire Sauce to bowl. Stir to mix. Cover bowl and allow to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Over medium/high heat, heat a frying pan or cast iron pan. Allow pan to get hot. Add Olive Oil and add Steak Bites. You should hear a sizzle.
- Cook steak bites for 1 minute and then with tongs turn over. Cook for an additional 1 minute and then remove from pan.
- Add Butter to hot frying pan. Add mushrooms and onions and allow to saute' to desired doneness.
- Serve over rice and enjoy and of course, Salt and Pepper to Taste!