Peanut butter brownies are a delicious and flavorful twist to a traditional chocolate brownie and they taste so good that you may never want to go back to regular brownies again! With soft and chewy brownies filled with peanut butter flavors in every bite, it’s not hard to see why!
This peanut butter brownies recipe is a tasty treat that needs no holiday or special occasion, simply wanting a fudgy peanut butter brownie is reason enough to whip out a bowl and measuring cups! Perfect for when you crave a salty sweet treat.
Gooey peanut butter brownies aren’t far away. With this simple brownies recipe, you can have a batch of fresh peanut butter brownies out of the oven in about 30 minutes (that’s less time than it takes to order and wait for a pizza!)
What makes it even better is that you probably have all the ingredients needed to make this peanut butter brownie recipe in your pantry already!
Making a peanut butter dessert is fast and easy thanks to this brownies recipe and the only thing that could make it better is a little chocolate because let’s face it- chocolate and peanut butter are a perfect pair.
If you do want a chocolate peanut butter dessert, check out my for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars. It’ll fix your cravings right up!
What’s In Peanut Butter Brownies?
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbs Shortening
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Flour
- 11/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Salted Peanuts Chopped
How to Make Peanut Butter Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl cream the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, and shortening. Mix to combine.
- Add in the vanilla and then beat until fluffy.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until moistened.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Spread the brownie batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 23-25 minutes.
- Cool completely and then cut into squares
How do you cut a 9×13 Brownie?
If you’re wanting to have nice and clean cuts, you’ll want to wash your knife off after every cut to remove the brownie debris. Gooey brownies are great to eat but kind of a pain to cut. Visually inspect your brownies and determine how many cuts you need in order to make good serving sized pieces. Take your sharp knife and cut along your imaginary lines, washing knife between cuts. Serve and enjoy.
What is the difference between a Blonde Brownie and Peanut Butter Brownies?
Honestly, not much. Blondie brownies are brownies without chocolate and that are more vanilla flavored, and a peanut butter brownie is simply a blondie with peanut butter, giving it a different taste.
Why do my Brownies Fall Apart when I cut them?
You could either be the victim of an unclean knife (fudgy brownies stick to the sides of the blade) or you could be trying to cut the brownies before they have a chance to completely cool. Hot or warm brownies are more likely to crumble when cut. Let them cool longer or pop them into the freezer to solidify enough for an easier time cutting.
How do you know if Brownies are Cooked?
Brownies are done cooking when a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean. If after doing the toothpick test, the stick still has goopy batter stuck to it, pop the brownies back into the oven for a few more minutes and then try again.
Do you have to use a Bosch Mixer to make Peanut Butter Brownies?
You do not have to have a Bosch Mixer, you can use a stand mixer, or even a hand mixer to make Peanut Butter Brownies. But check out why I LOVE my Bosch Mixer. It’s wonderful!
How do you fix overcooked Brownies?
If your brownies are dry from overcooking, then after they cool, cut the slices and wrap each one in a damp paper towel. Hea in the microwave for a few seconds to a minute and let the steam help to soften them into an enjoyable treat. If that doesn’t work you can always crumble the brownie into crumbs and convert them into a delicious batch of brownie cake pops!
10 Desserts Made Easy
- How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- Sugar Cream Pie
- Blonde Brownies like my Grandma made
- How to make the Perfect S’mores Dessert
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Salted Peanuts chopped
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
- In a bowl cream eggs, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter and shortening. Mix to combine.
- Add Vanilla and beat until fluffy
- Add Flour, Baking Powder and Salt and stir until moistened.
- Stir in chopped peanuts
- Spread into a greased 9×13 pan
- Bake at 325 F for 23-25 Minutes
- Cool Completely and cut into squares