This recipe is from Betty Crocker from many years ago. This is what my mother would have me make growing up because it was easy to manage and soon became a staple dessert that you would never guess is made from a mix. If you’re looking to kick it up a notch from the traditional cookie, give this recipe a shot!
These lemon bars are layered with an oatmeal base, lemon filling, and another oatmeal layer on the top. It’s a perfect balance of flavors. So go ahead, pour yourself a glass of milk, sneak a bar or two, and enjoy. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm – Good!
Recipes That Taste Good With This
Lemon Oatmeal Bar
- 1 pkg Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 can 14 0z Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp Lemon Peel Grated
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- Heat Oven to 350 degrees
- Cut Cold slices of butter into bowl with Oatmeal mixture and blend together with a fork or pastry cutter.
- Mix in egg to Oatmeal and Butter mixture. Mixture will be crumbly
- Press 1/2 of mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 sprayed pan. Bake for 12-15 mins
- In a separate bowl mix lemon peel, lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Pour over baked oatmeal crust and layer the rest of the Crumble Oatmeal mixture on top
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Until golden brown. Let cool 30 minutes or longer. Store in refrigerator.