About this Recipe
Making Cinnamon Rolls or Dinner Rolls doesn’t have to be difficult or even scary. Yes, Scary! Working with yeast is easier than you think. In this recipe, we make Cinnamon Rolls and Dinner Rolls in an hour and they are perfect, light and fluffy. Our Video Tutorial will take you step by step through each proceess to make these wonderful 1 hour Cinnamon Rolls. Trust me. It really is just that easy!
I once felt that making rolls was hard. It was hard because I just didn’t understand how easy they really can be with the right recipe. These 1 hour Cinnamon Rolls take 1 hour and in the end you will have light and fluffy rolls to devour. I’ve made a step by step video tutorial just for those of you who need a little extra in the kitchen to help you along. I can’t wait to see what you whip up in your own kitchen. This recipe can also make dinner rolls too. Perfect to make both in just 1 hour.
Proofing your dough is quick and easy in the Instant Pot. Set to the Yogurt button and allow dough to proof and rise. It cuts the time in half!
Step by Step Instructions
In a large bowl, add warm water, sugar, oil and your yeast. Allow to proof for 15 minutes (Proofing your yeast is allowing it to activate in warm water with sugar.)
In a large stand mixer, like a Bosch or Kitchen Aid, place 3 cups flour and salt, and add in your liquid. Keep miixer mixing through all steps.
Add eggs one at a time. Add 3 more cups of flour and allow to mix.
Add 3 more cups of flour one at a time and allow to incorporate and knead together.
You now have 9 cups of flour into your recipe. Add an addition 1 – 1 1/2 cups flour. Check for stickiness. Dough should be pulling away from bowl edges. It should be sticky but not stick to your fingers.
Remove dough and place in Instant Pot to proof. Set Instant Pot for Yogurt and place glass lid on top. rise for 15 minutes.
Divide dough into 3 portions. Remove one portion and roll out iinto a square. Add brown Sugar, and Cinnamon and roll up. Using a knife slice into rolls about 3 fingers thick. Place rolls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Frost while hot. Enjoy
1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 6 Tbs Instant Yeast
- 1/2 Tbs Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 10 - 10 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3-6 Tbs Milk *for desired consistency
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3-4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Raisens *optional
- In a large bowl, add warm water. Mix in Sugar and Oil and stir. Add Yeast. Gently stir. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes
- In a Stand Mixer, add 3 cups flour and salt. Add Yeast liquid and mix. Add eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add 3 more cups of flour and mix
- Slowly add 3 more cups of flour and mix
- Add the remaining 1 - 1 1/2 cups flour testing for stickiness. Dough should be sticky but not stick to your fingers.
- Remove from mixer and place Instant Pot on Yogurt Setting. Cover with a glass lid and allow to raise for 15 minutes. The yogurt setting is a perfect warm environment for the dough to raise quick and easily without killing the yeast.
- Roll out one section of dough into smaller rectangle about 1/2 in thick. Cut into squares and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Brush butter on top of warm rolls. Serve and enjoy!
- Separate dough into 3 sections. Using one section at a time roll out into a rectangle. Add Brown Sugar and Cinnamon evenly over dough.
- Roll Dough and pinch seam together. Cut with a knife 3 finger width and place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Frost and Enjoy.