My mouth waters just thinking about these Easy 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls. Make for a large group, or just your family. Cinnamon Rolls are a sweet treat for any occasion.
Making Cinnamon Rolls or Dinner Rolls doesn’t have to be difficult or even scary. Yes, Scary! Working with yeast is easier than you think.
In this recipe, we make Cinnamon Rolls and Dinner Rolls in an hour and they are perfect, light and fluffy. It really is just that easy for perfect Cinnamon Rolls.
What makes a GREAT Cinnamon Roll?
A GREAT Cinnamon Roll Recipe starts with the dough. It needs to be light, soft and fluffy. There is nothing worse than a hard dense roll. This recipe has a perfect balance to make sure your dough is perfect every time.
Proofing your dough is quick and easy in the Instant Pot. This works for ANY Yeast recipe. Set your Pressure Cooker to the Yogurt (Low Setting) button. Spray the inside with cooking spray and place dough inside. Use a glass lid or even a dinner plate on top and allow dough to proof and rise. It cuts the time in half! This works for ANY Yeast recipe!
If your pressure cooker does NOT have a yogurt button, then you can proof your dough on your counter. Cover the bowl with a towel so the dough doesn’t get crusty!
I prefer to mix my warm water, yeast, sugar, oil and salt in a large bowl and allow to activate the yeast for a few minutes before I add the liquid to a larger mixer.
I LOVE my Bosch Mixer, but any larger stand mixer will work for this recipe. It is a large recipe. You CAN cut it in half and it works just fine. But I do love to make a lot of Cinnamon Rolls when I make them, they are so delicious and a fun neighbor treat with any extra.
(This video was done before I updated this post with the amazing Pressure Cooker Yogurt Setting Tip!)
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large bowl, add warm water, sugar, oil and yeast. Allow to proof for 15 minutes (Proofing your yeast is allowing it to activate in warm water with sugar.) I place my bowl in the Microwave which creates a warm environment. I do NOT turn the Microwave on.
- In a large stand mixer, like a Bosch or Kitchen Aid, place 3 cups flour and salt, and add in your liquid. Keep mixer mixing through all steps.
- Add eggs one at a time. Then add 3 more cups of flour and allow to mix.
- Add 3 more cups of flour one at a time and allow to incorporate and knead together.
- You now have 9 cups of flour into your recipe. Add an addition 1 – 1 1/2 cups flour. Check for stickiness. Dough should be pulling away from bowl edges. It should be sticky but not stick to your fingers.
Continued from above
- Remove dough and place in Instant Pot to proof. Set Instant Pot for Yogurt (low setting) and place glass lid on top. Rise for 15-25 minutes.
- If you do NOT have a Yogurt Setting on your Pressure Cooker, Place your dough in a bowl, cover with a towel and allow to raise on the counter until double in size.
- Divide dough into 3 portions. Remove one portion and roll out into a square. Add brown Sugar, and Cinnamon and roll up. Using a knife slice into rolls about 3 fingers thick. Place rolls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Frost while hot. Enjoy
- SEE COMPLETE RECIPE at bottom
Can I cut this recipe in half?
This is a question I am asked often and the answer is YES! This recipe is easy to cut in half and make a smaller batch. I also use this recipe for making this fun Sweet Roll which has the recipe halved all ready. So head over there if you don’t want to adjust the measurements yourself. The presentation is spectacular with the Sweet Bread, with an easy bread braid.
SAVE and Pin for Later!
More Amazing Bread Sweet Bread Recipes!
- Sweet Bread
- Lemon Pull a Parts
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Zucchini Coconut Lime Bread
- Scrumptious Banana Bread
1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 6 Tbs Instant Yeast
- 1/2 Tbs Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 10 – 10 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3-6 Tbs Milk *for desired consistency
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3-4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Raisens *optional
- In a large bowl, add warm water. Mix in Sugar and Oil and stir. Add Yeast. Gently stir. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes. I like to place this mixture in my microwave to activate, do not not turn the microwave on.
- In a Stand Mixer, add 3 cups flour and salt. Add Yeast liquid and mix. Add eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add 3 more cups of flour and mix
- Slowly add 3 more cups of flour and mix
- Add the remaining 1 – 1 1/2 cups flour testing for stickiness. Dough should be sticky but not stick to your fingers.
- Remove from mixer and place Instant Pot on Yogurt Setting. Cover with a glass lid and allow to raise for 15-20 minutes. The yogurt setting is a perfect warm environment for the dough to raise quick and easily without killing the yeast.
- If you do not have a Pressure Cooker with a Yogurt Setting, place your dough into a bowl, cover with a towel and place on the counter to double in size.
- Roll out one section of dough into smaller rectangle about 1/2 in thick. Cut into squares and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Brush butter on top of warm rolls. Serve and enjoy!
- Separate dough into 3 sections. Using one section at a time roll out into a rectangle. Add Brown Sugar and Cinnamon evenly over dough.
- Roll Dough and pinch seam together. Cut with a knife 3 finger width and place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Frost and Enjoy.