Sweet Roll Pastries are scrumptious! No doubt about it. This fun braided bread is filled with cream cheese and berries which makes this Pastry amazingly delicious
About Sweet Bread Recipe
I was first introduced to this sweet bread from a friend and neighbor and always enjoyed hearing my doorbell ring and a plate of hot and yummy sweet bread was handed to me with firm instructions of “Eat this while it’s hot!” It is best when it’s hot and ooey gooey but that doesn’t stop me from eating it when it’s cooled down either!
Did you know you can use your Instant Pot to proof dough? Well, YOU CAN! And I love how it cuts my time in half. Spray the inside of your Instant Pot with cooking spray and place your dough inside. Set to “Yogurt” on the Low setting. You can cover with the lid (but make sure you keep the pressure valve open) OR you can use a glass lid. Either way works perfectly and will cut your time in half to raise the dough
I love to braid this recipe up and drizzle with glaze, but did you know you can do this SAME recipe like a traditional Cinnamon Roll? You sure can! Presentation is the only difference. How do you like it best?
Feel free to substitute the Berry Blend Pie Filling with your favorite berry pie filling. Raspberry is especially delicious in this sweet bread, but so is Blueberry, and Cherry too! There isn’t a bad combination of sweet bread so try them all out and decide for yourself.
Sweet Bread is stuffed with Cream Cheese and a fruit pie filling. Then braided beautifully to make this amazing pastry to enjoy as a dessert or for breakfast or at brunch. Drizzle glaze on top for a stunning pastry to quickly devour
Some of our Favorite Products
Devour Dinner is participate of the Amazon Affiliates LLC program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We appreciate your clicks.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Click the Red Pinterest Save button in the upper left corner of the pictures below
Use your Instant Pot to proof your dough in the half the time! Use the “Yogurt” setting on low with a glass lid on top or the regular lid (but don’t close the valve) and your dough will raise quickly and beautifully. Don’t have an Instant Pot? No worries! Heat your oven to 200 degrees and then turn the oven OFF. Place the dough in a glass bowl in the oven coved with a clean flour sack towel. The dough will quickly raise! Poof!
- 1 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 6 TBs Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs Active Yeast
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Cups Flour +/-
- 1 Can Pie Filling
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sugar for garnish on top
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cold Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3-4 Tbs Milk
- In a large bowl place warm water, sugar, oil, salt and yeast. Gently stir and set aside for 10-12 minutes to allow yeast to proof.
- In a large stand mixer with dough hooks add 2 cups flour and pour yeast mixture into flour.
- Mix to combine about 2-3 minutes
- Add 2 more cups flour and allow to mix. About 2-3 minutes
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add 1 more cup of flower and allow to knead for 4-6 minutes
- Remove from mixer and allow to raise for 20 minutes (or until double in size) in a warm spot. *see Instant Pot Hack below in notes
- On a floured surface roll out dough into a rectangle.
- Move dough to a sprayed cookie sheet
- Down the center of the dough spread softened cream cheese, about 3 inches wide.
- Down the center on-top of the cream cheese spread pie filling
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut 10-12 slits on each side
- Pull one cut piece to the center, overlap with a 2nd piece from the opposite side and continue until you reach the bottom.
- Sprinkle with sugar
- Bake at 350 for 14-17 minutes or until golden brown
In a bowl add powdered sugar and cut in butter. I like to use frozen butter and use a cheese grater to cut in butter and use a fork to combine. Then add vanilla and milk and with a hand mixer, mix until smooth. Drizzle over top of warm Sweet Bread
Instant Pot Hack: Place dough inside of Sprayed Instant Pot and set to "Yogurt" setting for 15 minutes. The low heat will speed up the raising process of the dough. Your dough should double in size and save you time!
Glaze: 2 Cups Powdered Sugar, 1/4 Cup Cold Butter, 1 tsp Vanilla, 3-4 Tbs Milk. Cut cold butter into Powdered Sugar and add Vanilla and Milk. Use a hand mixer to combine and drizzle over warm Sweet Bread.