Make sure to SHARE this Recipe with others!
Coconut Stuffed French Toast, can you imagine? Fortunately, you don’t have to, you can make this amazing Island French Toast stuffed with Coconut, Pineapple and Cream cheese year round to enjoy.
Coconut French Toast
Serves 4-6 | Ready in 25 minutes | Good for Breakfast | 6qt Instant Pot
The First time I had a Coconut French Toast, I was in Heaven! I loved the toasted coconut and Pineapple garnish with a rum glaze. Wow! It knocked my socks off. I loved it and have been making forms of it ever since. This version is delicious made in the Instant Pot!
What is Stuffed French Toast?
Stuffed French Toast is french toast that is stuffed with added ingredients. In this case we have added brown sugar and cream cheese to the bread cubes. Then a rich creamy eggnog egg mixture poured over the top.
What is Coconut French Toast?
Coconut French Toast is just as it sounds. A French Toast made or garnished with Coconut to give it a light island flavors with added Pineapple as garnish. Oh it’s delicious.
If you have tried my other Stuffed French Toast Recipes, this one is another variation. I use my 2 tier pot in pot Instant Pot Accessory Pan where I can make 2 separate French Toast at once. One in each pan. With one loaf of french bread you can make two pans of Baked French Toast and add different ingredients to each to make exactly what suits you best!
What is Baked French Toast?
Baked French Toast is very similar to your traditional French Toast made on the stovetop, however the bread is typically cubed and an egg mixture with cinnamon and milk is poured over the top.
Coconut French Toast is sweet and delicious. I enjoy the sweet chewy coconut with juicy Pineapple and warm cream cheese over cubes of cut bread. A simple Rum Butter Syrup tops off this amazing Coconut French Toast and a perfect breakfast or brunch anytime of year.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Click the Red Pinterest Save button in the upper left corner of the pictures below
Cut and cube the French Bread and tuck the cubed bread into the pan forming a base layer that is fairly tight with the remainder on top. As you pour the milk mixture, slowly pour over each cube of bread.
- 1/2 Loaf French Bread
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Rum Extract *Optional
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Tidbits
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Slice French Bread into 1 inch cubes and place into pan. Tuck down wedging bread into the bottom of the pan and 2nd layer so that bread is more packed. Not too tight but not loose.
- Sprinkle Brown Sugar over top of bread mixture.
- Cut small teaspoons of cream cheese on top of bread mixture.
- Sprinkle Pineapple on top of bread mixture
- Add Coconut on top of bread mixture
- In a separate bowl, combine Milk, Eggs, Cinnamon and Rum Extract. Whisk to combine.
- Pour Egg Mixture slowly over bread trying to cover each piece.
Instant Pot Directions:
Follow Directions from above and then:
- Cover pan with either foil or the pan lid.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water into Instant Pot.
- Place pan on trivet.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual for 25 minutes. Quick Release.
- Flip Stuffed French Toast out of pan onto a plate.
Oven Baking Directions:
Follow Directions from above and then:
Set Oven to 350 degrees and Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with Rum Butter Syrup
Substitute 1 tsp Vanilla for 1 tsp Rum Extract
- Instant Pot Accessories - Premium Quality Stainless Steel Stackable Steamer Insert Pans For In Pot Cooking With 2 Interchangeable Lids - Bonus Silicone Mits & Trivet Mat - For 6 or 8 Qt Pans
- Instant Pot 6 qt
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 299 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 113mg Sodium: 352mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 20g Protein: 9g