Your soon to be favorite easy Instant Pot French Toast recipe with a 2 tier pan will change the way you use your Instant Pot. Perfect Baked French Toast for any occasion.
Instant Pot Breakfast French Toast
Serves 4-6 | Perfect for Breakfast | Ready in 30 Minutes
This post contains affiliate links
I love using my Instant Pot and finding new ways to use it for every meal. French Toast is a favorite of mine, and making a larger batch (double batch) at once in the Instant Pot just makes sense. Especially for my boys who can eat! Instant Pot Breakfast French Toast is also great for Dinner too.
What is a 2 Tier Pot for the Instant Pot?
The 2 Tier Pot is an accessory for the Instant Pot and used with doing the PIP (Pot in Pot) method of cooking. But if you don’t have this accessory you can also use a spring form pan, just make sure to wrap the bottom with foil so nothing leaks out or in! A springform pan works great too.
What is Pot in Pot Method of Cooking?
An Instant Pot is a Pressure Cooker and needs thin liquid to pressure up. In some recipes, such as this one for French Toast, you do not want extra liquid in your ingredients as it would cause the bread to get soggy. So cooking the recipe in a separate pot still allows for water to be down below and create steam and pressure to cook the French Toast and keep liquid out of the recipe too.
What Bread is Best for Instant Pot Breakfast French Toast?
I use a loaf of French Bread. Although a loaf of Sour Dough Bread is also very good. You want a bread with some weight to it, a medium density bread. I also find when it’s a day old it doesn’t break down as quickly and tends to be less moist when baked.
What is Baked French Toast?
Baked French Toast is typically cubed bread topped with cinnamon and an egg mixture and baked.
Can I make Baked French Bread in the Instant Pot?
You sure can! When using a Stackable Pan insert for an Instant Pot or a springform pan insert on a taller trivet, you can bake French Toast in your Instant Pot. It’s delicious
What is Stuffed French Toast?
Stuffed French Toast is when you place other ingredients between your French Toast Slices of bread. In the recipe shown, we have used cream cheese, brown sugar, and fruit. But make sure to check out our Eggnog Stuffed French Toast or our Tropical Coconut French Toast too!
Can I Substitute Ingredients?
Of course you can! Substitute Almond or Soy Milk for regular milk. Sour dough bread can be substituted for french bread and substitute fruit for chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless. That’s what makes this recipe so easy. Instant Pot French Toast is perfect anyway you make it.
Why is my French Toast Soggy?
Your Instant Pot French Toast will be soggy if you don’t have enough bread in your pan. There is a fine balance on the bread to egg mixture combination. It’s important to have enough bread in your pan so that the egg mixture can balance the recipe.
How to reheat Instant Pot Baked French Toast?
Easy Instant Pot Baked French Toast can be reheated in the Microwave.
How to Make Instant Pot French Toast
- In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Cube bread and place in 1 greased stackable Instant Pot insert. Tuck bread down in bottom of pan forming a layer
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over top and pour egg mixture over everything slowly so each piece of bread gets some egg mixture
- Dollop cream cheese on top of french toast and place lid on pan.
- Pour 1 cup water into instant pot and place stackable pans in Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 25 mins and Quick Release pressure
- Remove lid, pull out pan using hot pads.
Pin this Easy French Toast Instant Pot Recipe for Later!
More Great Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes to Try
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Quiche Lorraine
- Coconut Stuffed French Toast
- Eggnog Stuffed French Toast
- Denver Quiche
- Sausage Gravy Recipe
Instant Pot Breakfast French Toast
- 1/2 French Bread Loaf cubed
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Cinnamon *divided
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- Fresh Fruit *Optional – Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, bananas,
- In a small bowl combine 3 eggs, 1/3 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Cube 1/2 loaf of french bread.
- Slice 1/2 cup fresh fruit *optional . Fruit can be added before the baking process and/or after.
- In a 2 tier Instant Pot baking insert or a springform pan insert place cubed bread. Make sure to tuck the bread down in the bottom of the pan by wedging the cubs together. Do not do this so tight the bread can not breathe but you do not want a billowing pile of cubed bread.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon over bread.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over bread mixture.
- Place small dollops of cream cheese on French Toast
- Add sliced fruit *optional
- Place lid on 2 tier pan and close or place a tall trivet in instant pot for springform pan with 1 cup water. Cook on Manual for 25 minutes and Quick Release. *This recipe will fill 1 layer of a 2 tier pan insert.
- Serve with powdered sugar, syrup, or fresh fruit.