Cashew Chicken made simple in the Instant Pot. You will love how easy this recipe is to make and in just minutes. I will definitely make a double bath next time because we devoured this for dinner.
Cashew Chicken is a great recipe, but to be able to make it from home makes it sooo much better!
I can’t believe how easy it is to throw Cashew Chicken together in the Instant Pot that before you even know it, Dinner is done and a great dinner recipe at that!
If you are a fan of Chinese or Thai food, you will love this simple easy recipe for Cashew Chicken.
Cashew Chicken served with rice is delicious and a wonderful dinner recipe. Made quick and easily in the Instant Pot, you will be eating before you know it.
My family just loves this recipe. It’s an easy recipe and a great change from our traditional meal choices.
Is Cashew Chicken Spicy?
No Cashew Chicken is not spicy. It’s a soy base and balances nicely with rice.
Is Cashew Chicken Gluten Free?
It can be! Use Gluten Free Soy sauce, and Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce.
How to make Cashew Chicken Sauce:
The Sauce for Cashew Chicken is easily made with a combination of soy sauce, vinegar, water, brown sugar and hoisin sauce.
To thicken sauce, mix corn starch and water and add to sauce and the sauce will easily thicken.
What Vegetables are in Cashew Chicken?
The recipe call calls for Green Bell Pepper and Onion slices. However, you can add sliced carrots, sprouts, or other vegetables if you wish.
What do you serve Cashew Chicken with?
Cashew Chicken is best served with rice, either white or brown. However you can serve it with a bowl of steamed veggies too. It’s delicious.
If you love Chinese Take Out as much as we do, then please try Honey Garlic Chicken. I have told my husband I’m never ordering either of these ever again because I can make it at home so quickly and it’s so much better! I’m not even kidding.
My son has taken leftovers to school lunch even. That NEVER happens. I’m thrilled to have both these recipes, and will continue to make them in my meal rotation.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Cut your chicken in small bite size cubes. The chicken will cook faster and more evenly.
Step by Step Instructions
- Cube boneless skinless chicken breasts into even size cubes.
- Heat Instant Pot on Saute’ and add Olive Oil and garlic. When hot add cubed chicken and cook through.
- Add Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Water, Vinegar, Brown Sugar and mix together. Add in bell pepper and onion chunks
- Cook on Manual for 5 minutes. Quick Release and open lid. To thicken sauce (if necessary) add 1 tbs corn starch to 2 tbs water and add to mixture.
- Stir in Cashews and serve over rice. Enjoy!
- For Full Recipe ~ Scroll to the Bottom
Watch a Tasty Video Tutorial of Cashew Chicken Recipe
Here are some quick and easy Chinese Take Out Recipes
- Japanese Teriyaki Noodles
- Asian Noodles
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Cashew Chicken
- 30 Minute Beef Teriyaki
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Best Teriyaki Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - Crushed
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbs Vinegar
- 3 tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 tbs Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- ½ cup Cashews - *Garnish
- Green Onions - *Garnish
- 1-2 tbs Corn Starch - Mixed w/ ¼ cup water to thicken sauce *optional
- Cube boneless skinless chicken breasts into even, bite-sized cubes. This will ensure that each piece of chicken cooks evenly and soaks up the savory sauce.
- Heat Instant Pot on Sauté Mode, then add the Olive Oil and Garlic. When hot, add cubed chicken and cook through. The garlic will infuse the chicken with a fragrant aroma that forms the base flavor for this dish.
- After sautéing the chicken, it's time to add the Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Water, Vinegar, and Brown Sugar. Mix together, making sure the chicken is coated in sauce, then add in Bell Pepper and chunks of Onion.
- Set your Instant Pot to Manual for 5 minutes. Use the Quick Release function, then open lid. Check the consistency of the sauce when it’s done. To thicken sauce (if necessary) add a tablespoon of cornstarch to two tablespoons of water and add it to the mixture.
- Serve this dish over rice – whether brown, white, or jasmine, and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
- Store: Store your Cashew Chicken once it has fully cooled in an airtight container or portioned in Ziploc bags in the fridge for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, simply reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop, ensuring it reaches the proper temperature. You may want to add a splash of water or chicken broth to get the sauce back to its intended consistency.
- Freezing: Once cooled, portion the Cashew Chicken into freezer-safe containers or Ziploc bags, leaving some space at the top for expansion. Freeze for up to 3 months. Remember to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.