Cashew Chicken made simple in the Instant Pot. You will love how easy this recipe is to make and in just minutes. I will definitely make a double bath next time because we devoured this for dinner.
About this Recipe
Cashew Chicken is a great recipe, but to be able to make it from home makes it sooo much better! I can’t believe how easy it is to throw Cashew Chicken together in the Instant Pot that before you even know it, Dinner is done and a great dinner recipe at that!
If you are a fan of Chinese or Thai food, you will love this simple easy recipe for Cashew Chicken. Cashew Chicken served with rice is delicious and a wonderful dinner recipe. Made quick and easily in the Instant Pot, you will be eating before you know it. My family just loves this recipe. It’s an easy recipe and a great change from our traditional meal choices.
Is Cashew Chicken Spicy?
No Cashew Chicken is not spicy. It’s a soy base and balances nicely with rice.
Is Cashew Chicken Gluten Free?
It can be! Use Gluten Free Soy sauce, and Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce.
How to make Cashew Chicken Sauce:
The Sauce for Cashew Chicken is easily made with a combination of soy sauce, vinegar, water, brown sugar and hoisin sauce. To thicken sauce, mix corn starch and water and add to sauce and the sauce will easily thicken.
What Vegetables are in Cashew Chicken?
The recipe call calls for Green Bell Pepper and Onion slices. However, you can add sliced carrots, sprouts, or other vegetables if you wish.
What do you serve Cashew Chicken with?
Cashew Chicken is best served with rice, either white or brown. However you can serve it with a bowl of steamed veggies too. It’s delicious.
If you love Chinese Take Out as much as we do, then please try Honey Garlic Chicken. I have told my husband I’m never ordering either of these ever again because I can make it at home so quickly and it’s so much better! I’m not even kidding. My son has taken leftovers to school lunch even. That NEVER happens. I’m thrilled to have both these recipes, and will continue to make them in my meal rotation.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Cut your chicken in small bite size cubes. The chicken will cook faster and more evenly.
Step by Step Instructions
- Cube boneless skinless chicken breasts into even size cubes.
- Heat Instant Pot on Saute’ and add Olive Oil and garlic. When hot add cubed chicken and cook through.
- Add Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Water, Vinegar, Brown Sugar and mix together. Add in bell pepper and onion chunks
- Cook on Manual for 7 minutes. Quick Release and open lid. To thicken sauce (if necessary) add 1 tbs corn starch to 3 tbs water and add to mixture.
- Stir in Cashews and serve over rice. Enjoy!
- For Full Recipe ~ Scroll to the Bottom
Watch a Tasty Video Tutorial of Cashew Chicken Recipe
Here are some quick and easy Chinese Take Out Recipes
- Japanese Teriyaki Noodles
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Cashew Chicken
- 30 Minute Beef Teriyaki
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Easy Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic Crushed
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Tbs Vinegar
- 3 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Large Green Bell Bepper
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 cup Cashews *Garnish
- Green Onions *Garnish
- 1-2 tbs Corn Starch Mixed w/ 1/4 cup water to thicken sauce *optional
- Cube chicken breasts about 2+ pounds
- Heat Instant Pot using Saute and add Olive Oil and garlic. Add cubed chicken and cook through.
- Add soy sauce, water, vinegar, brown sugar, hoisin sauce. Stir to combine. Throw in sliced bell pepper and onions.
- Set to manual for 7 minutes.
- Quick Release, and open lid. If necessary mix 1 Tbs Corn Starch with 1/4 cup water and mix into sauce to thicken.
- Add Cashews and serve over rice.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.