Once my boys tasted Japanese Teriyaki Noodles, they forgot about their favorite boxed after school snack of Mac and Cheese and this became a family favorite. It’s commonly served with sautéed veggies or in a noodle bowl with chicken or steak.
My boys prefer just a bowl of Teriyaki Noodles with Sesame Seeds on top
Teriyaki Noodles are tangy, sweet, and delicious. Use a bottled Teriyaki Sauce or follow my delicious Teriyaki Sauce recipe, it’s a keeper recipe by the way so make sure to Pin it for later.
How to make Teriyaki Noodles
In the time it takes to make a box of Mac and Cheese, you can make this fresh Teriyaki Noodle.
- Follow the directions on your noodle package and rinse and drain the noodles when they are cooked.
- In a frying pan over medium/high heat, heat up 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- When the oil is hot add the noodles and stir. You will hear the sizzle. Isn’t it wonderful? Add the teriyaki sauce and stir to coat all the noodles.
- You can always add more or less depending on how sweet of a flavor you want.
- Sometimes I even add some sliced onions and slivered carrots at this point but it’s truly optional to what you prefer.
- Let this cook for 2-4 minutes. The Teriyaki Sauce will bubble and caramelize a bit. Sprinkle ginger on top and get ready to serve. It’s just that simple.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions, and carrot slivers.
- Serve Teriyaki Noodles as a side dish or in a meal.
- Add chicken, pork or steak and of course vegetables to this wonderful flavorful dish. You can’t go wrong.
Make a Noodle Bowl with your favorite fresh ingredients. You will feel like you went out to eat with the luxury of staying in.
What does Teriyaki Sauce taste like?
Teriyaki is like a sweet and sour sauce that leans more to the sweet and tangy side. Think Soy Sauce mixed with honey. It’s just good!
What is Teriyaki Sauce made of?
Teriyaki Sauce is made of Soy Sauce, Ginger, Sugar, and Sake but can also be made without sake.
What is Teriyaki Sauce used for?
Traditionally Teriyaki Sauce is a cooking sauce, however in America it’s also used as a dipping sauce. Teriyaki Sauce is used to prepare Beef, Chicken, Pork, and Fish. It’s also delicious over rice.
Is Teriyaki Chinese or Japanese?
Teriyaki is a cooking technique used in Japanese dishes
Is Teriyaki Sauce Vegan?
Teriyaki Sauce is considered vegan where the recipe includes Soy Sauce, Ginger, Sugar and Sweet Vinegar or Sake
How to Serve Teriyaki Noodles?
Teriyaki Noodles are served along side many dishes including Teriyaki Beef, Chicken or Pork. As well as Hibatchi menu items.
More Quick and Easy Teriyaki Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- Japanese Rice Bowl
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Cashew Chicken
- 30 Minute Beef Teriyaki
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Easy Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- 1 pkg noodles Spaghetti or Linguine
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1 bunch Green Onions *Optional
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds *Optional
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Cook noodles according to directions. Rinse and drain.
- In large frying pan over medium/high heat – heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When hot, add rinsed and drained noodles. Stir.
- Add Teriyaki Sauce and stir. Cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle Ginger over top and stir.
- Serve with chopped green onions, sesame seeds, and carrot slivers. (optional)
- 1 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbls Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbls Honey *Heaping
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbls Corn Starch