If you like Taco Salad then you will LOVE this Dorito Taco Salad Recipe. Your family will love this tossed salad loaded with so many yummy flavors.
Add tomatoes, Cheese, Beans, Olives, Hamburger, Catalina Dressing and of course Doritos Chips!
I love a traditional Taco Salad that has a hot meat sauce over cool lettuce and topped with other vegetables, cheese, and sour cream.
But this Dorito Taco Salad is a Pot Luck Winner!
This is a cold salad with all the flavors you would expect and a fun twist with Catalina Dressing and Dorito Nacho Chips.
The flavors make a true party in your mouth and you will want to go back for more.
Serves 6 | Ready in 30 mins | Perfect for Dinner | 6Qt Instant Pot
Dorito Taco Salad Recipe
Making Dorito Taco Salad is a winning recipe for your next Pot Luck.
Although this recipe can be served as a full Dinner, it’s also perfect as a side dish at your next BBQ or family gathering too.
What’s in Dorito Taco Salad?
The ingredients for Dorito Taco Salad Recipe are all pretty simple.
This recipe can whip together in about 30 minutes and perfect for a family gathering or picnic in the park watch your child’s sport event.
- Seasoned Hamburger
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Kidney Beans
- Bell Pepper
- Catalina Dressing
How to make Dorito Taco Salad Recipe?
I like to use my Instant Pot to cook the ground beef. It’s super simple to place 1 lb of ground beef on the trivet with 1 cup of water in the bottom.
Pressure Cook for 9 minutes on Manual High and allow a 5 minute natural release.
Remove the hamburger and discard the liquid and use a wooden spoon to break up the cooked hamburger into smaller pieces.
If for some reason you still find areas with that are pink. Use the Saute’ button and cook the ground beef until it reaches 165 Degrees F.
Allow the meat to cool and add Taco Seasoning and stir.
In a separate bowl combine the cheese, beans, olives, lettuce, and Cherry Tomatoes and toss to combine.
Add cooled seasoned hamburger and toss again.
Add broken Doritos Chips and 1 Cup Catalina Dressing and toss to combine.
Serve Immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Is Dorito Taco Salad Healthy?
Taco Salad is a light refreshing Salad recipe that is a healthier meal option.
Loaded with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, seasoned ground beef
Have you ever had a Walking Taco? Let me tell you, it’s so fun!
Take a Dorito Snack Bag and open it up, add lettuce, seasoned hamburger, cheese, tomatoes, olives, and kidney beans.
Drizzle some Catalina Dressing on top and close the top of the bag and shake.
Then eat your meal right out of the bag! It’s a camping favorite. The Walking Taco! And the clean up is a cinch too!
More Summer Pot Luck Salad Recipes
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Mushroom and Garlic Noodles
- Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes with a creamy Pasta Sauce
- Ramen Pad Thai
Save this Recipe ~ Pin for Later
Dorito Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Tb Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper
- 4 oz Sliced Olives
- 1 Cup Cheese
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
- 12-15 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Small Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Can Kidney Beans
- 2 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Bag Doritos Nacho Chips
- 1 Cup Catalina Dressing
- Instant Pot Directions
- Place 1 cup of water in bottom of Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker and place 1lb of ground hamburger on trivet. Sprinkle crushed garlic on top.
- Close lid and close pressure valve and set to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 9 Minutes with a 6 minute Natural Release (NR)
- Turn Off Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker. Remove excess liquid and Trivet. Place cooked hamburger in Instant Pot and with a wooden spoon break cooked hamburger apart.
- Add Taco Seasoning and stir. Allow Hamburger mixture to cool while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- Note: If Hamburger is still pink, turn Instant Pot to Saute' and cook until hamburger reaches 165 Degrees F.
- Prepare Salad:
- Wash, Rinse and Drain Lettuce. Chop Lettuce into bite size pieces and place in large bowl
- Finely chop Green Onions and add to bowl
- Rinse and Drain Kidney Beans and olives and add to bowl
- Slice Cherry Tomatoes in half and add to bowl
- Add grated Cheese and Diced Yellow Bell Pepper to bowl
- Add Cooled Seasoned Hamburger
- Add Crushed Dorito Nacho Chips
- Pour 1 Cup Catalina Dressing on top and Toss to coat.
- Serve Immediately