On the lookout for the Perfect Pot Luck Salad? I’ve got you covered with this Taco Pasta Salad.
This Pasta Salad has a creamy zesty sauce over pasta with your favorite Taco add ins like Tomatoes, Onions, Olives, Avocado, and of course Cheese!
Serves 6 | Ready in 90 minutes | Perfect Side Dish | 6Qt Instant Pot
If I could BBQ and attend Pot Lucks all summer I would! I’m always on the look out for the perfect Pot Luck Salad or Side Dish.
You know what I’m talking about. The salad or Side Dish that everyone wants to eat.
The one where the person made it and now feels like a million bucks because everyone want the recipe.
Those are the side dishes that I go for at Pot Lucks! Taco Pasta Salad, is so good with it’s creamy zesty sauce and all your favorite Taco add-ins like Avocado, Olives, Tomatoes, Cheese and whatever else you can think of to add to it.
What is Taco Pasta Salad
Taco Pasta Salad is a cold pasta salad served as a side dish. However, throw some shredded chicken or cooked hamburger into this recipe and you have a meal!
How to Cook Taco Pasta Salad
I prefer to cook my pasta in the Instant Pot. I use chicken broth for the liquid and the added flavors are infused into the noodles. It’s delicious.
Add 1lb pasta with 5 cups of Chicken Broth. Set to Manual (Pressure Cook) for 4 minutes with a 3 minute natural release.
Where Pasta Originated
A little fun fact: Although we like to think that Pasta came from Italy, it’s likely that pasta came from Asian Noodles. A common belief about pasta is that is was brought to Italy from China by Marco Polo.
What makes Taco Pasta Creamy?
The Secret is in the Sauce! haha… Do you know what movie that is from? 😉
The creamy zesty sauce is made up from Salsa, Taco Seasonings, and Sour Cream mixed together and tossed over the pasta and toppings for the perfect Taco Pasta Salad.
Are Pasta Salads Healthy?
There are so many different kinds of Pasta Salads, it’s difficult to group them all into one. However, generally traditional recipes do come in at about 500 calories or more per serving.
If you think this recipe is great, try our Fiesta Chicken Pasta Casserole.
It’s a meal all by itself or this wonderful Enchilada Meatball Pasta Casserole. Both are Family Favorites!
PIN and Save this Taco Pasta Salad for Later!
More Amazing Pasta Salads ~ Perfect for Pot Luck Dinners!
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Favorite Dorito Taco Salad Recipe
- Easy Pasta Salad with Strawberries and Poppyseeds
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Pasta with Zucchini and Cheery Tomatoes
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Teriyaki Noodles
- Bowtie Pasta with a Light Creamy Sauce
- Mushroom Garlic Pasta
- Ramen Pad Thai
- Asian Noodles
Taco Pasta Salad
- 8 oz Macaroni Pasta
- 3 Cups Water or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Kidney Beans
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
- 1/2 Avocado
- 12-15 Cherry Tomatoes Sliced in half
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Cheese
- Place Pasta and Water or Broth in Instant Pot
- Close Lid and set to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 3 minutes with a 3 minute Natural Release
- Drain excess liquid and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Place Noodles in refrigerator for 20 mins
- Slice Cherry Tomatoes in half and set aside
- Rinse Kidney Beans and set aside
- Dice bunch of Green Onions
- Mix Sliced Cherry Tomatoes, Kidney Beans, Green Onions and Sliced Avocado into cold Noodles
- Add Taco Seasoning and Mix to combine
- Add Sour Cream and Salsa and Mix to combine
- Store in Refrigerator. Can be served immediately