I love Mexican Food, Fiesta Chicken Casserole is a great Mexican American fusion of flavors in this tasty casserole recipe
This is one of the many 30 minute meal recipes on my site that I love and is so popular. It is an EASY CHEESY CHICKEN Casserole that I love!
Fiesta Chicken Casserole is an Instant Pot Pressure Cooking Recipe that can also be made on the stove top. Anyway you make it, it’s delicious and will be a family favorite!
Fiesta Chicken Casserole
I love one pot cooking. The Instant Pot helps make that possible and I love it! Fiesta Chicken Casserole is infused with all these yummy flavors and is a perfect combination.
But that’s not all, making the pasta in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker infuses even more flavor right into the pasta. Definitely a tip you don’t want to miss.
4 Servings | Ready in 20 minutes | Good for Dinner | 6qt Instant Pot
Make this recipe with Chicken Tenders or Chicken Breasts sliced, either way is perfect and we love to use a Radiatore Pasta too! But any pasta will work just fine! 😉
Delicious Easy Ingredients:
- Chicken ~ I use Chicken Tenders or Chicken Breasts sliced
- Pasta ~ You can use what you prefer but don’t these Radiatore Pasta look so fun?
- Salsa ~ Mild, Medium or Hot you decide!
- Seasonings – Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder or a good Taco Season packet works too.
- Corn – Sweet Canned Cord works great for this recipe.
- Black Beans ~ Soak your own or open the can they add great texture and flavor
- Cheese ~ I prefer a good Mexican Blend Cheese but Colby Jack works well too.
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Toppings ~ Tomatoes, Green Onions, Limes, Cilantro, and Avocado. Just load it up
What is Fiesta Chicken?
Fiesta Chicken is cubed or shredded chicken is a creamy sauce served with corn and black beans. Typically over rice, or on warmed tortillas.
How to Make Fiesta Chicken
I like to make Fiesta Chicken in the Instant Pot because it truly is a one pot meal made this way. The flavors all come together so nicely.
However this recipe can also be made on the stove as well. Which ever you prefer. See the instructions below in the recipe card.
What to serve with Fiesta Chicken Casserole?
Casseroles typically have multiple food groups covered and this casserole is no exception. However, a good green salad or fresh fruit would be delicious! Why not try some Watermelon Salsa with dinner?
What Kind of Chicken do you Use?
I use either Chicken Breasts sliced thin or Chicken Tenders. You can use any type of chicken or even leftover cooked chicken. Rotisserie Chicken is also wonderful!
Can I make Substitutions?
I am all about making substitutions to cut fat, or sodium or for other health reasons or allergies. So yes! Go for it! Of course I have not tested all combinations of substitutions, but try using a plain Greek Yogurt in place of the Sour Cream. It’s delicious!
Can I use Taco Seasonings in place of other spices?
I’ve always said, use what you have. So YES! You can use Taco Seasonings in place of these other spices, use as much or little as you desire. Everyone likes their own level of flavors anyways. 😉
Don’t have Chicken Tenders? No problem! If using Chicken Breasts, make sure to slice them the long ways. To cook the pasta and chicken all at the same time you will want your chicken to be in Chicken Tender Sizes.
What Else Can I add to Fiesta Chicken Casserole?
Well, think outside of the box a little, how about try
- Beef or Pork instead of chicken. Just cook it first.
- Spice it up with diced Jalapeños
- Add diced onion sautéed onion
- Serve with chopped lettuce
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? PIN IT NOW!
Looking for more GREAT Recipes? Let me help!
- Watermelon Salsa
- Spanish Rice
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Sweet Corn Cakes
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad
Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb Chicken Tenders or Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz Radiatore Pasta
- 2 Cup Water or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 + Cup Corn canned corn drain
- 1/2 + Cup Black Beans Rinsed and drain
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese *Divided
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green Onions
- Pour Water, Salsa and Pasta into Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
- Place Chicken Tenders or Sliced Chicken Breasts on top of Pasta. Do Not Stir
- Sprinkle Cumin, Chili Powder and Garlic Powder on top of Chicken Breasts
- Close Lid and set to Manual Pressure Cook for 6 mins with a 6 minute natural release
- Remove Chicken and set aside.
- Stir Pasta
- Add Sour Cream
- Add Black Beans and Corn and Stir
- And 1 cup Mexican Blended Cheese and Stir
- Cut or shred Chicken and add to pasta and stir
- Place in casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 5 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with Diced Tomatoes, cilantro, lime wedges, green onions and avocado