Make sure to SHARE this Recipe with others!
I think Zucchini is my very favorite vegetable so why not throw it into this amazing pasta side dish with Cherry Tomatoes, bacon and onions too!
Pasta with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
Where did this Pasta with Zucchini and Cheery Tomatoes recipe come from? For me, I have a semi love for carbs, I mean what girl doesn’t? But I also needed it to be a little lighter than other dishes and cut some fat.
6 Servings | Ready in 20 minutes | Good for Dinner | 6qt Instant Pot
I made this as a side dish or a light dinner meal recipe too. Packed full of vegetables, it’s delicious.
I like to wash and prep my veggies for this recipe. It comes together so quickly but taking a few minutes to get prepped makes this pasta recipe even easier.
Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and set aside and slice the zucchini thinly too.
In this recipe I saute’ up the vegetables and then pull them out and set aside. These are more delicate veggies and over cooking can really ruin them quickly!
Add your broth to the Pressure Cooker and deglaze the bottom of the pot as needed.
Deglazing the Pot means to lift up anything that is stuck on the bottom from when you Saute’. You don’t want anything stuck. The broth or water on the hot pot will easily lift whatever might be stuck.
Once the noodles are cooked and you’ve added your cheese, gently toss in your veggies and give a quick stir. Doesn’t this Pasta dish look amazing?
Is this a side dish or a meal? You can decide, I love the fresh vegetables of this recipe and you can add other veggies too! Trust me… It’s wonderful.
Can I add Chicken to this Recipe?
Of course you can add Chicken to this recipe and it would be amazing! Cut up chicken breasts or tenders into bite size pieces and throw them in. They will cook up just fine, but don’t forget to salt and pepper your meat.
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? PIN IT NOW!
Add other Veggies to this dish, it’s delicious. Bell Peppers and Mushrooms are also wonderful to try. And don’t forget Summer Squash too!
Pasta with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes a perfect Side Dish Recipe
- 1 Zucchini Slice
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 8oz Container Cherry Tomatoes Sliced
- 6 Strips Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Romano Cheese Grated
- 1 Tbs Fresh Thyme
- 3 Tb Butter
- 8 oz Spaghetti Pasta
- 3 Cup Broth or Water
- 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
- Heat Instant Pot on satue' and wait until it reads "HOT"
- Wash and slice or dice Zucchini, Tomatoes and Onion
- Add butter to Instant Pot and allow to melt
- Add Onions and allow to saute' for 3 minutes
- Add Zucchini to onions and allow to cook for 2 minutes more
- Add chopped bacon and fresh Thyme to Onions and Zucchini and allow to cook for 1 minute
- Add sliced Cherry Tomatoes and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Remove vegetable mixture from Instant Pot and set aside
- Add Broth or Water and Deglaze the bottom of the pot if needed
- Add Pasta
- Close lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for 4 minutes with a 4 minute Natural Release
- Open lid and stir. Add evaporated milk and grated cheese and stir
- Toss in Sautéed vegetables and give a light stir. Close lid of Instant Pot for 2 minutes to allow veggies to warm back up.
- Serve as a side dish or a main course
You can change up the Veggies by adding Sliced Bell Peppers and or Mushrooms
Use Parmesan Cheese in place of Romano Cheese
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Y YHY 22-Ounce Porcelain Salad/Pasta Bowls, Soup Bowl Set, Shallow & White, Set of 6
- cuisinel - Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet (12-Inch) w/Handle Cover Oven Safe Cookware | Heat-Resistant Holder | Indoor and Outdoor Use | Grill, Stovetop, Induction Safe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 251 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 421mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 12g