Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe made into a Creamy Soup. All the flavors you love wrapped in a creamy bowl of comfort. Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup is wonderful and delicious.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Serves 4-6 | Ready in 20 min | Perfect for Dinner | 6Qt Instant Pot
I love Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe, I just love everything about it. So this Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu soup just seemed to make sense, especially in the Fall and Winter when Soup is a comfort food
If you have been following along, then you might have tried the Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu for the Instant Pot that I made a week ago. It’s been going crazy over on Pinterest. So make sure to take a look. My son gave that recipe a 9.5 out of 10. It’s that good!
For those wanting a little something healthier, I came up with a Lighter Chicken Cordon Bleu with less Fat and Sodium. Again my picky eater son ate it up and went back for seconds.
Now with the cooler temperatures of Fall and how much I love soup, I have created a Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe into a warm and cozy bowl of soup. Oh my! Wrap me up in a blanket and let me enjoy a bowl of this Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sauce is made into a creamy soup with Chicken, Ham, and Cheese Tortellini. It’s so good and for the record. My son gobbled this soup up and headed back for more. It’s a winner in my book!
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe?
Chicken Cordon Bleu is traditionally a chicken breast stuffed with a slice of ham and Swiss cheese, breaded and baked. Served with a cheese sauce. This recipe includes all those flavors in a soup. Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup is creamy and delicious.
How to make Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole?
Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole is a wonderful recipe made with pasta, chicken, ham and the creamy sauce you will love. See our Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole Recipehere.
How to Reheat Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe?
This recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup can be reheated in the Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every minute. Adding additional minutes as needed for desired temperature. You can also reheat this soup on the stove in a sauce pan over medium heat. Watch soup and stir so it does not scorch. Brining soup up to temperature slowly.
Does Chicken Cordon Bleu have Bleu Cheese?
This Recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu does not have Bleu Cheese. It does have Swiss Cheese, and Parmesan Cheese.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Serve Chicken Cordon Bleu soup in a soup bowl for an added treat. This recipe can be made in the Instant Pot or Stove to enjoy. See directions in Recipe Card below
Making Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup is Easy!
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add Butter and Garlic. Add cubed Chicken and Saute until no longer pink. Press Cancel on Instant Pot.
- Add Ham cubes and dry mustard to the Instant Pot and stir.
- Then add Broth and Water. Finally add frozen Cheese Tortellini. Do not Stir.
- Set on Manual for 3 minutes. Then Quick Release to release pressure. Stir and add Heavy Cream, Swiss Cheese and Parmesan Cheese. Stir to melt cheese.
- Soup can be thickened with a Cornstarch slurry (See recipe card for full directions and Ingredient List). Serve and Enjoy!
More Creamy Fall Soups
- Tomato Basil Soup ~ Cafe Zupas Copycat Recipe
- Chicken Corn Chowder
- White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese
More Chicken Cordon Blue Recipes
- 2-3 Large Chicken Breasts - cubed
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs Garlic
- 3 Cups Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Cup Ham Cubes
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 2 Cup Broth
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Turn your Instant Pot to Saute' and allow to heat up until it reads "hot"
- Add Butter and garlic.
- Add Cubed Chicken and Saute' until no longer pink. Press Cancel on Instant Pot.
- Add Ham Cubes and Dry Mustard and stir.
- Add Water and Broth
- Add Frozen Cheese Tortellini. Do not Stir
- Set on Manual for 3 minutes. Quick Release and open lid.
- Stir and add Heavy Cream and Cheeses.
- Stir to melt cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
Stove Top Directions:
In a frying pan saute butter and garlic. Add chicken and saute' until no longer pink. Add Ham cubes and dry mustard. Transfer meat to a stock pot. Add water and chicken broth. Over medium/high heat bring to a boil. Add frozen Cheese Tortellini and cook according to package directions. Remove from heat. Add Heavy Cream, grated Swiss Cheese and Parmesan. Stir to melt cheese. Serve and enjoy!
You can make a cornstarch slurry of 3 Tbs Corn Starch to 3 Tbs water. Pour slurry into soup after adding heavy cream. Stir. Soup will slowly thicken.
I found this soup was even better the next day. The soup was thicker and had more flavor sitting over night with a rich and creamy cheese taste. So good!