Pasta Pasta Pasta! Strawberry Poppyseed Pasta salad is one of those Pot Luck Salads that is eaten right up, it's truly the Best Pasta Salad Recipe.
With the creamy dressing made of Poppyseed Dressing and Mayonnaise it's an easy pasta salad that will be noticed and you will love!
Serves 6 | Ready in 1 hour | Perfect Side Dish | 6 QT Instant Pot
Years ago I was struggling to come up with an Easy Pasta Salad for a Pot Luck and I wanted something Different.
After rummaging through what I had on hand I threw this pasta salad together and WOW! IT WAS A HIT!
I mean, who doesn't love taking a dish to a Pot Luck and having it be devoured instantly, right? Well this recipe was definitely that.
Traditionally I feel that Pasta Salad Recipes are more savory than sweet.
But this Pasta with the Poppyseed dressing is balanced so well. I really like the green onions in this as it too. Not only for the color but how it balances out all the flavors.
What Makes an Easy Pasta Salad Recipe?
For me an Easy Pasta Salad Recipe has few ingredients with few steps. Something I can make with little effort.
And Strawberry Poppyseed Pasta Salad is just that, an easy pasta salad recipe that is delish!
How to make Pasta Salad?
Of course there is no wrong way to make a Pasta Salad Recipe, but here is how I make mine.
- Place water or Broth into the Instant Pot and top with Pasta
- Set Instant Pot to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 4 minutes with a 4 minute Natural Release.
- Rinse and Drain Pasta under cool water and place in the refrigerator to cool for up to an hour
- Wash and Slice Strawberries and set aside
- Drain Mandarin Oranges and set aside
- Dice Green Onions
- In a separate bowl combine equal parts of Poppyseed Dressing and Mayonnaise and stir to combine
- In a large bowl place cooled pasta, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and green onions. Toss to combine
- Stir in dressing and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to make Pasta Salad Dressing?
Pasta Salad Dressing will be made a little differently for each recipe depending on the flavor.
This Easy Pasta Salad Recipe Dressing is made with equal parts of Poppyseed Dressing and Mayonnaise mixed together.
You don't want too much sweetness with pasta and this is the perfect balance.
Can I make Substitutions?
Of course! Jazz Easy Pasta Salad Recipe up or down. You can also substitute Plain Yogurt for the Mayonnaise if you wish!
How long Pasta Salad Good For?
Pasta Salad made with Mayonnaise will last 3-5 days and always keep refrigerated.
How much Pasta Salad per Person?
For a smaller portion of Pasta Salad plan on about 3 ounces of uncooked pasta per person.
What goes with Pasta Salad?
Almost anything goes with Pasta Salad. A good BBQ Rib, or Grilled Tri Tip come instantly to mind. Of course good old Hot Dogs and Hamburgers make for a great pot luck too.
PIN for Later!
More Amazing Pasta Side Dishes!
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Dorito Taco Salad Recipe
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Pasta with Zucchini and Cheery Tomatoes
- Teriyaki Noodles
- Bowtie Pasta with a Light Creamy Sauce
- Mushroom Garlic Pasta
- Ramen Pad Thai
- Asian Noodles
Strawberry Poppyseed Pasta Salad
- 1 Box Bow Tie Pasta
- 1 ½ Cups Strawberries washed and sliced
- 1 Can Mandarin Oranges Canned works fine - Rinse and drain
- 1 bunch Green Onions Diced
- ½ Cup Poppyseed Dressing
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions. Rinse pasta in cold water and drain and allow pasta to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. OR Place 4 cups water or broth in Instant Pot and place noodles in pot. Cook for 4 minutes with a 4 minute Natural Release. Rinse Pasta in cold water and drain. Allow pasta to chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix equal parts of Poppyseed Dressing and Mayonnaise. If you like your pasta salads with more dressing, mix up more. Just keep it equal parts of both.
- In a large bowl toss pasta, sliced strawberries, oranges and green onions. Pour dressing over top and toss to combine. Add Salt and Pepper to taste and garnish with remaining green onions.
- *Pasta will absorb dressing so wait to put dressing on salad until just before serving.
Can I sub cool whip for the Mayo?
You can try! Let me know how that goes