I have a favorite restaurant that makes legendary fall off the bone ribs. I’m sort of a sucker for them actually. So any time I can find them or even something close I am all over it.
BBQ Spare Ribs Instant Pot Recipe is wonderful.
These will soon be in time Legendary in my book too! They are so simple to make yet packed full of flavor. What’s better than a rib with meat falling off the bone anyways? Delicious!
Pair these Ribs with your favorite BBQ Sauce or even a homemade recipe and you too will be hooked. The Instant Pot makes these BBQ Spare Ribs the easiest thing since sliced bread.
How to make BBQ Ribs
The video really does make it simple. Quickly throw together the spices in a bowl and rub them all over your spare ribs. Or use your favorite meat rub.
Then load up these ribs into the Instant Pot and pour about 10 oz of your favorite soda.
For me, that is Dr. Pepper. But you can use Coke, Rootbeer, or even a traditional Beer if you like.
Go ahead and just dump it in. The flavor will be wonderful.
Then set the Instant Pot on Manual for 25 minutes and let it cook. It will take about 10-15 minutes to pressure up.
But no worries, you now have time to clean up the kitchen or whip up a batch of cookies.
I like to let my meat NR (Natural Release) for about 15-20 minutes before I release the rest of the pressure through the QR method.
Then place your ribs onto a cookie sheet. Don’t they look delicious?
Now it’s time to baste those babies with some good sweet BBQ Sauce. Yum!
Put a nice coating of BBQ Sauce on the Spare Ribs and place them in the oven under the broiler.
I like to use the 2nd rack down so they can broil a nice slow broil without burning. Let them cook for about 4-5 minutes and then remove them and baste them again with more BBQ Sauce.
I like to do this 3 times. But you can do them less if you need.
I just prefer to create that nice crispy coating of sauce. As the sauce heats up it begins to caramelize and it’s ooh so good.
Once you are done, the final coating is more sauce. Then slice those ribs up and you are ready to eat. Delicious! These BBQ Spare Ribs in the Instant Pot will be legendary in my home soon enough.
BBQ Spare Ribs
- 1/3 cup Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Salt
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Bottle BBQ Saucee Choose your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 10 ounces Dr. Pepper *Your Favorite Soda or Beer
- In a bowl mix together spices and sugar. This is your rub for your ribs.
- Rub the spice rub all over, front and back of your ribs. You can also use your favorite meat rub if you wish. Coat the meat with the spices.
- Place ribs into Instant Pot. Pour soda or beer over ribs. Close Instant Pot lid, and make sure pressure valve is closed. Set the pot to Manual for 25 minutes. It will take 10-15 minutes to pressure up before cooking begins.
- Allow ribs to NR (Natural Release for 15-20 minutes) Then QR (Quick Release) the remaining pressure.
- Remove ribs from Instant Pot and place on cookie sheet. Baste Ribs with BBQ Sauce and place in oven on Broil. I use the 2nd rack down. Broil for 4-5 minutes and remove to baste again. I like to do this 3 times. It allows for the sauce to caramelize and get crispy without burning.
- Cut ribs and enjoy!