I'm excited to share this Southwest Pasta Salad filled with cheese tortellini, and fresh ingredients. It's creamy and a Potluck Favorite Recipe.
Summers are a busy time for neighborhood BBQ's, Family Reunions, and fun with the family which is why we have our Favorite Potluck Salad Recipes for you to enjoy!
Southwestern Pasta Salad is an easy cold Potluck Salad Recipe to make. It's perfect to make ahead and bring to an event, or enjoy as a family when you grill.
What is Southwest Pasta Salad?
Southwest Pasta Salad is a cold Pasta Salad made with Cheese Tortellini. It has a creamy spicy dressing for a real southwestern salad taste.
What's in Southwest Pasta Salad?
- Cheese Tortellini
- Sweet Corn
- Black Beans
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Southwestern Dressing
How many will Southwest Pasta Salad feed?
I love to take this recipe to Potluck BBQ's or Family Reunions. This recipe serves 6-8 as a side dish and is a crowd pleaser.
How to cook pasta in the Instant Pot?
Cooking Pasta in the Pressure Cooker is easy. For this recipe use a frozen package of Cheese Tortellini. Add 3 cups water or Chicken Broth and set to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 1 minute with a 2 minute natural release.
Quick Release the remaining pressure and rinse and drain pasta under cool water and allow to chill in the Refrigerator for 30 minutes.
How to Cook Pasta on the Stove?
Fill a stock pot with water over high heat on the stove until it reaches a boil. Add frozen Cheese Tortellini and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
Pasta should float to the top. Rinse and drain pasta under cool water and chill in Refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Let's Make Southwestern Tortellini Pasta Salad
I prefer to cook my pasta using the Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker using Chicken Broth. I love the extra flavor the Chicken Broth gives when making pasta in the Instant Pot.
Then I rinse and drain my tortellini and allow to chill.
While the pasta is cooking I dice the red onion, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado.
I rinse and drain the corn and black beans and add them to the veggies. When the pasta is chilled, I toss in the pasta with the other ingredients.
The dressing is made up of Ranch Dressing, Italian Dressing with Chili Powder and Cumin. Trust me. It's great and perfect on this Pasta Salad Recipe.
Toss everything together and you are ready to eat!
Pin and Save for Later
Try more Pasta Salad Recipes
- Authentic Hawaiian Mac Salad
- Traditional BLT Pasta Salad
- Refreshing Poppyseed Strawberry Pasta Salad
- Suddenly Salad Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Family Favorite Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Creamy Taco Pasta Salad
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad with Chicken
- Pasta with Zucchini and Cheery Tomatoes
Southwest Pasta Salad
- 1 pkg 19oz 3 Cheese Frozen Tortellini
- 3 Cup Chicken Broth or Water
- ½ Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- ¼ Cup Diced Red Onion
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 1 whole Avocado diced
- 2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Sliced
- ½ Cup Ranch Dressing
- ½ Cup Italian Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin
- Place Frozen Cheese Tortellini in Pressure Cooker with 3 Cup Chicken Broth OR Water
- Set to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 1 minute. 2 minute Natural Release and Quick Release the remaining pressure.
- Rinse and drain pasta under cool water and place in Refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Dice Cilantro, Red Onion and Bell Pepper and set aside
- Slice Cherry Tomatoes in half and set aside
- Rinse and drain corn and black beans
- In a large bowl add chilled pasta, cilantro, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, avocado, corn and black beans. Toss to combine
- In a separate bowl combine Southwest Dressing and stir
- Pour dressing over pasta and toss.
- Serve cold. Store in Refrigerator