Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Sound Familiar? Well, it should this is a Copy Cat Recipe for Suddenly Salad Bacon Ranch Pasta. It's creamy, and so much better made fresh.
As a teen I loved making Suddenly Salad but hated those dehydrated vegetables packets.
Even back then I would add fresh ingredients to make this boxed pasta a little bit better.
Now I'm taking this Copy Cat Recipe a step further. So ditch the box, and let's make it together. It's wonderful.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad has a fun combination of flavors with the salty from the bacon and creamy goodness of the Ranch Dressing.
I suppose that is what I love about this pasta salad.
When to serve Pasta Salad?
I make and serve Pasta Salad ALL SUMMER LONG!
I appreciate the versatility in pasta salads and everyone loves them. So why not make Pasta Salads as a side dish to compliment any dinner recipe.
What is the difference between Summer Salads and Pot Luck Salads?
Honestly, None! A summer salad is a general term used for salads made in the summer. Pot Luck Salads are also recipes used in BBQ'ing, or family gatherings.
I use the words interchangeably and so can you! We have many favorites but one I crave lately is Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Can I add Cubed Chicken to my Bacon Ranch Pasta?
Oh YES you can! In fact, adding cooked cubed chicken to this Pasta Salad Recipe only makes it better.
Pre-cook your chicken in the Pressure Cooker or Air Fryer and allow to cool. Then cube and add to your dish. Delish!
What's in Bacon Ranch Pasta?
It's a simple list of ingredients really. Here is a quick shopping list for you!
- Medium Shell Pasta
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- 8oz frozen peas
- slivered carrots
- Creamy Ranch Dressing OR Ranch Seasoning Packet and Mayonnaise
- Green Onions as garnish *optional
How to cook Pasta in the Pressure Cooker?
Cooking Pasta in the Pressure Cooker is among my favorite time saver.
For this recipe I use 8oz of medium shell pasta and add 3 cups Chicken Broth.
You can also use water but I prefer to infuse the noodles with the added flavor of Chicken Broth.
Set your Pressure Cooker to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 3 minutes. Allow a 3 minute natural release and then quick release the rest of the pressure.
Rinse and drain the pasta and allow to cool. Keep in mind that different pastas will take different cook time.
Cooking Chicken in the Air Fryer
Chicken is totally optional in this recipe. But it's absolutely delicious and turns this simple salad recipe into a meal quickly with the added protein.
It couldn’t be easier to cook chicken breasts using the CrispLid by Mealthy, an accessory to your Pressure Cooker that turns it into an Air Fryer.
I like to slice my breasts in half horizontally so my chicken is about the same thickness all the way through. This ensures even cooking and keeps everything moist and delicious.
Then I place the chicken breasts on the basket and place the CrispLid on top. Set to 350 degrees for 8 minutes per side.
And I have some of the most tender, moist and delicious chicken with ease.
ORDER your CrispLid NOW with my exclusive link and don't forget to use code DEVOURDINNER at checkout for an additional $10 off! *this is an affiliate link. I will earn a small percent from any sales. Thank you!
Pin and Save for Later
More Delicious Pot Luck Salad Recipes
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Mushroom and Garlic Noodles
- Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes with a creamy Pasta Sauce
- Ramen Pad Thai
Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 8 oz Medium Shell Pasta
- 3 Cup Chicken Broth or Water
- 1 Cup Frozen Petite Peas
- ½ Cup Chopped Carrot Slivers
- 6 Slices Cooked Bacon
- ¾ Cup Ranch Dressing
- *Optional - 2 Cups Cooked Cubed Chicken Breasts
- Place Pasta in Pressure Cooker with 3 cups Chicken Broth or Water and set to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 3 minutes. Allow a 3 minute Natural Release and then quick release.
- Rinse and Drain Pasta and place in Refrigerator for 25 minutes to cool.
- Chop Cooked Bacon into small bite size pieces and place in bowl
- Rough chop Slivered Carrots and place in bowl
- Rinse frozen peas under warm water and drain. Place in bowl.
- Add cooled pasta to bowl and toss to combine
- Add ¾ Cup Creamy Ranch Dressing and mix.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in Refrigerator. Stir before serving.
- OPTIONAL - Cook Chicken Breast in Air Fryer CrispLid at 350 Degrees for 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Allow to cool and cut into bite size pieces.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.