Orange Fluff, that creamy whipped salad recipe you know and love with Mandarin Oranges, Mini Marshmallows and of course a creamy pudding mixture.
This is a favorite for any BBQ or Pot Luck. I’ve made this often when attending a family reunion where I have to travel. Why? Well, because it travels so well and I can throw it together quick and easily when I arrive!
Orange Fluff or Orange Fluff Salad, or Mandarin Orange Salad are all the same simple recipe. With only 5 ingredients this side dish is perfect. Even your pickiest of eaters will eat this Fluff Recipe, we promise.
Along the same type of Salad is also my other favorite, Pistachio Fluff Salad. When my boys were younger we called it Shreck Salad because it was green like Shreck and as you can imagine, they loved watching Shreck the movie. Somehow it was affectionally named Shreck Salad in our home.
Both of these make excellent Summer Salads or Pot Luck Salads too. Never go empty handed to the neighborhood social. This is such an easy recipe!
How to make Orange Fluff Jello Salad?
Making Orange Fluff Jello Salad is super easy. The ingredients are fairly simple with a box of orange jello, a box of vanilla pudding, marshmallows, Mandarin Oranges and of course whipped topping.
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix together the Orange Jello with water and allow the Jello to fully dissolve. Then let it cool for about 30 minutes in the Refrigerator.
- Add small box of Vanilla Pudding and stir.
- Add whipped topping, marshmallows and oranges.
- Salad can be kept in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- See complete recipe at bottom of post in Recipe Card.
How to Make Orange Fluff Salad without Cottage Cheese
When I grew up it seemed everyone was putting Cottage Cheese in a Jello Salad. Can we just STOP all ready? Ewww! It’s not good. So let’s stop trying to make Jello Healthy. Let’s just let it be what it is. This recipe for Orange Fluff does not call for Cottage Cheese. You can of course serve Cottage Cheese on the side if you really really want to. 😉
How many Ingredients are in Orange Fluff Salad?
There are 5 Ingredients in this recipe for Mandarin Orange Fluff Salad not including water.
- 8oz container of Whipped topping
- 1 small box of Orange Jello
- 1 small box of Vanilla Pudding
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 8oz cans of Mandarin Oranges (rinsed)
Is Orange Fluff a dessert or a salad?
Why can’t it be both? Orange Fluff is a salad recipe. With that said, everything in it says it’s a dessert. But you know you love to attend a pot luck and see this Fluff Recipe on the Table with the other Salads. It just makes a PERFECT Pot Luck Salad Recipe.
Can you Freeze Orange Fluff?
Yes, you can! However, this recipe has Jello in it and Freezing Jello will change the texture and consistency. The Flavor will remain the same. So Freeze with caution. You may not like the consistency once it has thawed.
PIN and Save for Later!
Looking for more amazing Pot Luck Salad Recipes?
- Neighborhood Favorite ~ Dorito Taco Salad Recipe
- Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Pistachio Salad
- Tri Color Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Mushroom and Garlic Noodles
- Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes with a creamy Pasta Sauce
- Ramen Pad Thai
- 1 8z whipped topping
- 2 8oz can Mandarin Oranges
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 sm box Orange Jello
- 1 sm box Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2 Cup Water
- Mix HOT water and Jello in a medium size bowl. Stir until dissolved and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add Vanilla Pudding to Jello Mixture and stir to combine. Allow to cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add Whipped topping to pudding and jello mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in Marshmallows and drained Mandarin Oranges . Stir.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set with Large 8 Cup Measuring Cup
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 104 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 77mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Protein: 1g