You don’t have to love Pistachios to enjoy Pistachio Salad! This creamy Fluff Salad is a perfect Pot Luck Salad Recipe. Often called Watergate Salad but affectionaly known in our home as Shrek Salad because of it’s green color.
Pistachio Salad has been a family favorite for decades. My boys used to call this Shrek Salad because it was a shade of green and that was their favorite movie at the time.
The best news is you do NOT have to even like Pistachio’s to LOVE this Pistachio Salad Recipe.
The recipe has a great balance of flavors and textures that we love. I don’t love Pistachios but I always seem to go back for more of this Pistachio Salad Recipe!
What is Pistachio Salad?
Pistachio Salad has also been called Watergate Salad or even Green Fluff.
This is a Salad Recipe that can easily be a dessert too but for kicks and giggles, we love to serve it at Pot Lucks or Family BBQ’s where there are plenty of options on what to put on our plates.
Pistachio Salad Recipe is made up of 4 ingredients.
- Pistachio Pudding
- Crushed Pineapple
- Whipped Topping
Out of all my Pot Luck Salad Recipes, this one is my go to when I have to arrive somewhere after traveling. It’s a simple recipe that I can make fully in the park.
I don’t have to worry about bringing a cooler or planning ahead. I can literally stop by the grocery store and purchase all the ingredients and throw it together with only a large bowl and mixing spoon.
Another amazing Fluff Salad Recipe would be the Mandarin Orange or Creamsicle Orange Fluff Salad. It’s creamy, it’s delicious, it’s a perfect fluff salad recipe.
How to make Pistachio Salad?
Making Pistachio Salad is so quick and easy. It’s a recipe I let my kids make, because they can! Just follow the directions.
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large bowl dump 1 can of Crushed Pineapple with all its juices.
- Add 1 small box Pistachio Pudding and Stir
- Mix in 1 small container of Whipped Topping
- Add 2 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
- Chopped Pistachios can be added as garnish if desired
Can you Freeze Pistachio Salad?
There is nothing in this salad that says you can’t freeze it. However, I have never tried personally. We eat it up way to fast! In fact, I always make a double batch.
Pin and Save Pistachio Salad for Later
Ready for MORE Amazing Pot Luck Salad Recipes?
- Neighborhood Favorite ~ Dorito Taco Salad Recipe
- Creamsicle Orange Fluff Salad
- Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Tri Color Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Poppyseed Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Mushroom and Garlic Noodles
- Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes with a creamy Pasta Sauce
- Ramen Pad Thai
- 1 20 oz can Crushed Pineapple
- 1 3.4 oz Box Pistachio Instant Pudding
- 1 8 oz Whipped Topping
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Pistachios * Optional
- In a large bowl dump Crushed Pineapple and all its juices.
- Add Pistachio Instant Pudding and stir.
- Mix in whipped topping making sure to combine pudding mixture completely.
- Add mini Marshmallows and stir.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve
- Garnish with chopped Pistachios if desired.