Sweet and Tangy, Honey Mustard Chicken is delicious. Baked or Grilled, making this Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe is a perfect meal.
Why are Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs so delicious? Well, I think it’s because the thigh meat really absorbs the flavors so well and keeps the meat moist and juicy.
What I love about this recipe is the ingredient list is small and typically something you have in your home.
Which for me, means it’s perfect as deciding what to make for dinner and having all the ingredients is the biggest battle.
This recipe is perfect for the Grill, Oven and even Air Fryer! And fortunately it only takes a few minutes to let marinate.
Baked, Grilled or use an Air Fryer. Which do you prefer to cook your Honey Mustard Chicken? Well, let me tell you. It depends! They all come out excellent so use the method you are most comfortable with.
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken in the Air Fryer?
I thought you would NEVER ask! With all the Craze in Air Fryers, this is a perfect question.
After I have made up my marinade I allow my Chicken Thighs to sit and marinate for 5+ minutes or as long as 30 minutes.
Set your Air Fryer to 350 degrees and cook for 10 minutes. Turn your thighs over, baste with some remaining marinade and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes.
Use an Internal thermometer to make sure the thickest part has reached 165 degrees. I like to use my Thermopen because it’s so quick and accurate.
Allow Chicken thighs to rest for 2-3 minutes before cutting. Serve on a salad, with rice, veggies, or even on a sandwich!
Have you heard about the CrispLid?
A CrispLid made by Mealthy will turn ANY brand 6 or 8 qt Pressure Cooker into an Air Fryer.
Yes, my mind was blown too. The CrispLid will be available June 24th. Use my special Mealthy Link to get your CrispLid Pressure Cooker Accessory. Use code DEVOURDINNER at checkout for an additional $10 off your CrispLid (by using this link I earn a small commission from the sale)
How to Grill Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs?
With warmer weather we love to grill! So get your grill hot, but not too hot! About 375 degrees and then make sure to put a light coat of olive oil on your hot grill racks.
Place your marinated Chicken Thighs on the grill for about 7-8 minutes. Make sure to Baste your thighs before you flip them over and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes.
Make sure to test the internal temperature in the thickest part using a thermometer. Chicken needs to reach 165 degrees to be fully cooked.
Remove from grill and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy delicious Honey Mustard Chicken.
Cooking Honey Mustard Chicken in the Oven
Making this Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe in the Oven is delicious. I like to think there is more than one way to skin a cat and in this case, making Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs in the Oven is also a great option.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. After you have marinated your chicken, place chicken thighs on a sprayed cookie sheet or in a baking dish.
Bake for 20-25 Minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Remove from oven and baste with additional Honey Mustard Marinade. Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
How to test internal temperature of meat?
There are many thermometer on the market. Rest assured there is a difference between the cheap ones you can pick up at your local super store and using a quality thermometer.
I have had and used many but my favorite to date is the Thermopen from Thermoworks. This high quality pen folds up easily for easy storage and it’s precise tip means I don’t have to worry or guess if it’s accurate.
Place tip into the thickest part of the Chicken Thigh and within a couple seconds you will have an accurate reading. Chicken needs to be 165 degrees internally to be fully cooked.
Can I cook Chicken Breasts instead of thighs?
Yes! Of course you can! However, keep in mind that Chicken Breasts will take longer to cook and will take longer to marinate too. Chicken Breasts are a great substitution for this Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe.
How to make Honey Mustard Sauce
Making the Honey Mustard Sauce Marinade is easy. In a bowl combine the Honey, Mustard, Lemon Juice, Salt, and Garlic. Stir to combine. Use about 1/3 cup to marinate the raw chicken and reserve the rest for basting or to make a Salad Dressing.
How long to marinate Chicken Thighs
Fortunately you do not need to marinate your Chicken Thighs for very long. I like to marinate for at least 5 minutes or up to 30 minutes if possible.
How to cook Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
As we have noted, this recipe is excellent prepared in the Air Fryer, Oven or on the Grill. You really can’t go wrong!
PIN ME! Save for Later!
We’ve got more Recipes you’ll love!
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Rice
- The Best Salad Dressing ~ Honey Mustard Dressing
- BBQ Chicken
- Delicious Bruschetta Chicken and Creamy Alfredo Sauce
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Spicy Brown Mustard or Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs
- In a bowl combine Honey, Mustard, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Salt and Stir
- Add Chicken Thighs and allow to marinate 5 minutes to 30 minutes
- Cook using an Air Fryer, Oven, or BBQ Grill
- Air Fryer Directions:
- Spray basket of Air Fryer with cooking spray and place Chicken Thighs in a single layer in basket
- Set Air Fryer to 350 degrees for 10 minutes
- Remove Chicken and Baste as needed. Flip Chicken Thighs over and cook for an addition 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- remove from air fryer and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Oven Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place Chicken Thighs in a greased oven safe glass dish
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes
- BBQ Grill Directions:
- PreHeat BBQ Grill and cook over Medium Heat
- Rub oil on racks (I prefer to use a vegetable oil)
- Place Chicken Thighs on rack and close BBQ Lid. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Baste Chicken thighs and turn over and allow to cook and additional 4-6 minutes or until thickest part reaches 165 degrees (about 4-6 more minutes)
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes