This BBQ Chicken Recipe has all the yummy flavors I look for. Win/Win if you ask me! I love the added flavors that the Bacon and Pineapple add to this sweet BBQ Chicken recipe.
Do you have a favorite Pizza? I sure do. It's BBQ Chicken Pizza. Yum. I LOVE the combination of flavors with BBQ Sauce, Chicken, Pineapple and cheese.
Hands down, my favorite and I hope it will be your favorite too.
BBQ Chicken is a favorite of many. I mean why wouldn’t it be?
The sweet tangy BBQ sauce combined with pineapple and bacon give this recipe 5 stars for sure. I love the added touch of the mozzarella cheese melted on top too.
When I’m in a pinch, I can easily throw boneless skinless chicken breasts into a baking dish and top with BBQ Sauce, then add the remaining ingredients and throw in the oven. I
n 30 minutes I can have a delicious BBQ Chicken Recipe ready for the table.
Eating less carbs is a big deal. My husband deals with diabetes so it’s important to keep carbs and sugars low.
This recipe makes him feel not so left out and I love eating familiar flavors with less calories than we might get from Pizza Hut BBQ Chicken pizza!
When using larger chicken breasts, slice them in half horizontally to make them thiner. They will cook faster too!
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large baking dish (9x13 pan) place 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts of equal size.
- Cover chicken with your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Sprinkled crumbed cooked bacon, Pineapple Tidbits and sliced Red Onion over chicken
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees to be fully cooked.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and continue baking to melt cheese.
- For FULL Recipe, scroll to the bottom
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Pineapple Tidbits
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce - *We love Sweet Baby Rays
- ½ Cup Bacon Crumbles
- ¼ Cup Red Onion - Thinly Sliced
- ½ Cup Mozerella Cheese - Shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large baking dish (9x13 pan) place 4 equal size chicken breasts. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cover chicken breasts with your favorite BBQ Sauce and top with crumbled bacon and Pineapple Tidbits and Red Onion.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- During the last 5 minutes sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top and place back into the oven to melt.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.