These are the Best Lemon Bars, aside from being absolutely delicious, these easy lemon bars are made with an Angel Food Cake which makes this recipe super simple.
I love the light texture the Angel Food cake gives to these bars too as well as the delicious lemon flavor throughout.
Now these Lemon Bars are not your traditional bars you might be thinking of with a crust and ooey gooey lemon. Those are great too.
These Lemon Bars are light, fluffy and will make your mouth smile.
I love desserts, and I really enjoy the flavor of lemon. That’s why these Lemon Bars make the cut in our home.
Lemon Bars with Angel Food cake mix cook up to perfection with a light texture, and packed full of lemon from the pie filling.
If you ever need a dessert to take to the office, or neighborhood picnic, this recipe is really perfect.
You can make these Lemon Bars the day ahead and they will be perfect for your special occasion.
One of the many reasons why they are the Best Lemon Bars ever.
You can make this recipe in a large bowl using a hand mixer or in a larger mixer, like I have used.
Either way these lemon bars with cake miix will turn out perfect.
For me, I prefer this recipe over many other Lemon Bar recipes because I feel like the Angel Food Cake holds the bar together really nicely.
Often times Lemon Bars tend to break and fall apart and you aren’t sure what you are eating.
With the Angel Food Cake mix as an ingredient, it combines with the Lemon Pie Filling to make a perfect texture.
The Best Lemon Bar recipe is easily adapted to a perfect Key Lime bar, by using Key Lime Pie Filling instead of Lemon Pie Filling. Oh, can you even imagine how delicious those are??
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, place Angel Food Cake mix, water and pie filling. Mix to combine
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. The edges will turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes or more. Dust with Powder Sugar (optional)
- For Full Recipe scroll to the bottom
More Bars and Cookies
- Lemon Oatmeal Bars
- Golden Oreo
- Snickerdoodle Bars
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Blonde Brownie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Homemade Oreo
Best Lemon Bars
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 Can Lemon Pie Filling
- 1 Cup water *or less depending how dense you want your bars
- 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar Garnish (optional)
- In a mixer pour Angel Food Cake Mix (the kind you add water too)
- Add 1 cup water. You can add less but best if you add at least 1/2 cup water. For a more dense bar add less water.
- 1 can Lemon Pie Filling
- Mix to combine.
- Grease 9×13 baking pan and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. Garnish to a dusting of powdered sugar if you wish. Enjoy!