Making Stove Top Meatloaf is quick, easy and delicious. It’s a family favorite recipe for many reasons. All the herbs and spices added from a simple box of Stove Top Stuffing makes all the difference when it comes to a perfectly seasoned Meatloaf Recipe.
As strange as it sounds, I prefer using Chicken flavored Stove Stop Stuffing in this Meatloaf Recipe but Savory Herb is also a perfect choice. There are many flavors to choose from and all will yield excellent results.
With only a few ingredients, it’s sure to be a family favorite recipe for you too!
I like to use 85/15% lean hamburger for this Stove Top Meatloaf recipe, but if you prefer more fat content in your hamburger it will work just fine. I find using a 93/7% fat does not have enough fat or liquid to moisten all the bread crumbs.
The 85/15% gives just enough fat to add to the flavor, keep the Meatloaf moist and not be heavy on the fat when it’s all done.
Serves 4 | Perfect for Dinner | Ready in hour
You only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe. It’s a recipe I also taught my boys how to make because of the simplicity too. I love my hands free method of mixing the ingredients. More on that down below.
What is Stove Top Meatloaf?
With only 4 ingredients, you are on your way to a great dinner that everyone will love, plus the leftovers (if there are any) are wonderful as a meatloaf sandwich the next day.
Can I Freeze Stove Top Meatloaf?
Yes! Of course you can! Mix up the ingredients and wrap tightly or package for the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months.
How long to Cook Stove Top Meatloaf?
Stove Top Meatloaf is cooked for 25 minutes in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker or 45 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven
What to do with Leftover Meatloaf?
Should you have any leftover, don’t worry. One of of our favorites is to reheat the next day and make Meatloaf Sandwiches. YUM!
I don’t have Stove Top Stuffing, now what?
Stove Top Stuffing makes all the difference as it combines bread and seasonings for the perfect flavor.
If you don’t have Stove Stop Stuffing, then use small pieces of bread along with 2 Tbls Italian Seasonings, 1 tsp Salt, and 1/2 tsp Pepper. It won’t be the same but it will still be delicious.
Can I make Meatloaf into Meatballs?
Of course you can! I’m a firm believer in being creative. Make 1 1/2 in Meatballs and brown in frying pan with a little oil.
Then Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Stove Top Meatloaf is a quick and easy version of Meatloaf where Stove Top Stuffing is used with all its wonderful seasonings to create a mouthwatering meal. What’s better than that!
Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf Ingredients
- Hamburger: I use 1 pound of 85/15 lean hamburger
- Stuffing: Use Stove Top Stuffing in any variety. Chicken, Vegetable or Turkey works wonderfully well.
- Eggs: The eggs help to bind it all together, so don’t miss out on adding eggs. It’s vital for a perfect meatloaf.
- Tomato Sauce: That’s right, a small 8oz can of Tomato sauce blends nicely with this recipe.
How to Make Stove Top Meatloaf
This recipe can be made in a large bowl and mixed by hand, or use a big mixer and save yourself the mess and clean up. I think you can see which one I prefer! 😉
- In a bowl place Hamburger, Stove Top Stuffing Mix, Egg, and Tomato Sauce
- Mix ingredients until combined
- Lightly grease bread pan
- Place Stovetop Meatloaf in pan and shape like a brick leaving room around the edges
- In a Separate bowl combine BBQ Sauce and Ketchup. Save for later to baste Stovetop Meatloaf
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- OR Place in Instant Pot using the Pot in Pot method for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release
- Remove from oven and baste with BBQ Sauce and Ketchup mixture and place back into oven for 4-5 minutes
- Remove Stovetop Meatloaf from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Slice and serve
I like to throw the ingredients in my stand mixer and let it do the work, and mess. With only a few ingredients, this recipe is also a great recipe to teach those learning their way around a kitchen.
Stove Top Meatloaf is really no fail!
Instant Pot Meatloaf
When making this recipe in the Instant Pot, mix up the Meatloaf as you normally would and place your Meatloaf mixture into a springform pan or a 2 tier accessory pan.
Always wrap the bottom of your springform pan so no liquid leaks in or out. Pressure cook for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
Then baste with sauce.
You can either serve it or throw it in the oven under Broil for about 90 seconds to caramelize the sauce or not. Either way it’s delicious.
Always make sure your internal temperature reaches 165F degrees for proper consumption.
What to serve with Stove Top Meatloaf?
Honestly, nothing is better than a delicious bowl of whipped mashed potatoes with gravy.
YUM! We also love to add a steamed veggie too.
PIN ME! Save for later!
More EASY Dinner Recipes!
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Homemade Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants
- Oven Baked Fajitas
- Instant Pot Swiss Steak
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- Instant Pot Hamburger
- Japanese Rice Bowl
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Chicken Divan
Stove Top Meatloaf
- 1 lb Hamburger I prefer 85/15%
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing Any variety
- 2 Eggs
- 1 8oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- In a large bowl or mixer, add Hamburger, Stove Top Stuffing, Eggs, and Tomato Sauce and mix. I prefer to use my big mixer so I don’t have to mix with my hands.
- Lightly grease a bread pan and place mixed meatloaf into pan and form a brick shape. I like to leave room around the edges to allow for the natural juices to flow around the meatloaf
- In a separate bowl mix BBQ sauce and Ketchup. This will be used at the end to glaze the meatloaf with and use for dipping sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Baste with glaze and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve. Leftover Meatloaf is excellent on a sandwich.
Instant Pot Directions
- Follow the Directions above to mix hamburger and place in a Springform Pan or a 2 tier pot accessory. Wrap the bottom of a Spring form pan in foil. Place Meatloaf in greased pan and pressure cook for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release. Meatloaf should reach 165 degrees internal temperature.