I love how quick and easy this recipe comes together when I use my Bosch mixer. Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf is full of flavor and turns out moist and perfect every time. With only a few ingredients, it’s sure to be a family favorite recipe.
I like to use 85/15% lean hamburger for this Stove Top Meatloaf recipe, but if you prefer more fat content in your hamburger it will work just fine. The 85/15% gives just enough fat to add to the flavor, keep the Meatloaf moist and not be heavy on the fat when it’s all done.
Serves 4 | Perfect for Dinner | Ready in hour
When a recipe is as easy as this one, it becomes one of my favorites. When the family devours dinner, it quickly becomes a family favorite. Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf is one of those recipes.
What is Stove Top Meatloaf?
With only 4 ingredients, you are on your way to a great dinner that everyone will love, plus the leftovers (if there are any) are wonderful as a meatloaf sandwich the next day. Stove Top Meatloaf is a quick and easy version of Meatloaf where Stove Top Stuffing is used with all its wonderful seasonings to create a mouthwatering meal. What’s better than that!
How to Make Stove Top Meatloaf
This recipe can be made in a large bowl and mixed by hand, or use a big mixer and save yourself the mess and clean up. I think you can see which one I prefer! 😉
- In a bowl place Hamburger, Stove Top Stuffing Mix, Egg, and Tomato Sauce
- Mix ingredients until combined
- Lightly grease bread pan
- Place Stovetop Meatloaf in pan and shape like a brick leaving room around the edges
- In a Separate bowl combine BBQ Sauce and Ketchup. Save for later to baste Stovetop Meatloaf
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- OR Place in Instant Pot using the Pot in Pot method for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release
- Remove from oven and baste with BBQ Sauce and Ketchup mixture and place back into oven for 4-5 minutes
- Remove Stovetop Meatloaf from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Slice and serve
I like to throw the ingredients in my stand mixer and let it do the work, and mess. With only a few ingredients, this recipe is also a great recipe to teach those learning their way around a kitchen. Stove Top Meatloaf is really no fail!
How long to cook Stove Top Meatloaf
I bake my meatloaf in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. I use a large bread pan and keep my meatloaf not too thick. Depending on thickness or size of pan it could take a little longer or shorter. Ultimately your Meatloaf should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
When making this recipe in the Instant Pot, place your Meatloaf mixture into a springform pan or a 2 tier accessory pan. Pressure cook for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release. Then baste with sauce. You can either serve it or throw it in the oven under Broil for about 90 seconds to caramelize the sauce.
What to serve with Stove Top Meatloaf?
Honestly, nothing is better than a delicious bowl of whipped mashed potatoes with gravy. YUM! We also love to add a steamed veggie too.
Can you Freeze Stove Top Meatloaf?
YES! Of course you can! I slice my meatloaf and freeze for later. Stove Top Meatloaf can be served as a Meatloaf Sandwich or reheated as is. But it freezes and thaws beautifully.
PIN ME! Save for later!
More EASY Dinner Recipes!
- Homemade Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Oven Baked Fajitas
- Poppyseed Chicken Casserole
- Hawaiian Haystacks
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Stove Top Meatloaf
- 1 lb Hamburger I prefer 85/15%
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing Any variety
- 2 Eggs
- 1 8oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- In a large bowl or mixer, add Hamburger, Stove Top Stuffing, Eggs, and Tomato Sauce and mix. I prefer to use my big mixer so I don’t have to mix with my hands.
- Lightly grease a bread pan and place mixed meatloaf into pan and form a brick shape. I like to leave room around the edges to allow for the natural juices to flow around the meatloaf
- In a separate bowl mix BBQ sauce and Ketchup. This will be used at the end to glaze the meatloaf with and use for dipping sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Baste with glaze and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve. Leftover Meatloaf is excellent on a sandwich.
Instant Pot Directions
- Follow the Directions above to mix hamburger and place in a Springform Pan or a 2 tier pot accessory. Wrap the bottom of a Spring form pan in foil. Place Meatloaf in greased pan and pressure cook for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release. Meatloaf should reach 165 degrees internal temperature.