Making Stove Top Meatloaf is quick, easy and delicious. It's a family favorite recipe for many reasons. All the herbs and spices added from a simple box of Stove Top Stuffing makes all the difference when it comes to a perfectly seasoned Meatloaf Recipe.
As strange as it sounds, I prefer using Chicken flavored Stove Stop Stuffing in this Meatloaf Recipe but Savory Herb is also a perfect choice. There are many flavors to choose from and all will yield excellent results.
With only 4 ingredient meatloaf, this recipe is sure to be a family favorite recipe for you too!
I like to use 85/15% lean hamburger for this Stove Top Meatloaf recipe, but if you prefer more fat content in your hamburger it will work just fine. I find using a 93/7% fat does not have enough fat or liquid to moisten all the bread crumbs.
The 85/15% gives just enough fat to add to the flavor, keep the Meatloaf moist and not be heavy on the fat when it's all done.
Serves 4 | Perfect for Dinner | Ready in hour
You only need a few simple ingredients for this recipe. It's a recipe I also taught my boys how to make because of the simplicity too. I love my hands free method of mixing the ingredients. More on that down below.
What is Stove Top Meatloaf?
With only 4 ingredients, you are on your way to a great dinner that everyone will love, plus the leftovers (if there are any) are wonderful as a meatloaf sandwich the next day.
Can I Freeze Stove Top Meatloaf?
Yes! Of course you can! Mix up the ingredients and wrap tightly or package for the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months.
How long to Cook Stove Top Meatloaf?
Stove Top Meatloaf is cooked for 25 minutes in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker or 45 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven
What to do with Leftover Meatloaf?
Should you have any leftover, don't worry. One of of our favorites is to reheat the next day and make Meatloaf Sandwiches. YUM!
I don't have Stove Top Stuffing, now what?
Stove Top Stuffing makes all the difference as it combines bread and seasonings for the perfect flavor.
If you don't have Stove Stop Stuffing, then use small pieces of bread along with 2 Tbls Italian Seasonings, 1 teaspoon Salt, and ½ teaspoon Pepper. It won't be the same but it will still be delicious.
Can I make Meatloaf into Meatballs?
Of course you can! I'm a firm believer in being creative. Make 1 ½ in Meatballs and brown in frying pan with a little oil.
Then Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Stove Top Meatloaf is a quick and easy version of Meatloaf where Stove Top Stuffing is used with all its wonderful seasonings to create a mouthwatering meal. What’s better than that!
Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf Ingredients
- Hamburger: I use 1 pound of 85/15 lean hamburger
- Stuffing: Use Stove Top Stuffing in any variety. Chicken, Vegetable or Turkey works wonderfully well.
- Eggs: The eggs help to bind it all together, so don't miss out on adding eggs. It's vital for a perfect meatloaf.
- Tomato Sauce: That's right, a small 8oz can of Tomato sauce blends nicely with this recipe.
How to Make Stove Top Meatloaf
This recipe can be made in a large bowl and mixed by hand, or use a big mixer and save yourself the mess and clean up. I think you can see which one I prefer! 😉
- In a bowl place Hamburger, Stove Top Stuffing Mix, Egg, and Tomato Sauce
- Mix ingredients until combined
- Lightly grease bread pan
- Place Stovetop Meatloaf in pan and shape like a brick leaving room around the edges
- In a Separate bowl combine BBQ Sauce and Ketchup. Save for later to baste Stovetop Meatloaf
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- OR Place in Instant Pot using the Pot in Pot method for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release
- Remove from oven and baste with BBQ Sauce and Ketchup mixture and place back into oven for 4-5 minutes
- Remove Stovetop Meatloaf from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Slice and serve
I like to throw the ingredients in my stand mixer and let it do the work, and mess. With only a few ingredients, this recipe is also a great recipe to teach those learning their way around a kitchen.
Stove Top Meatloaf is really no fail!
Instant Pot Meatloaf
When making this recipe in the Instant Pot, mix up the Meatloaf as you normally would and place your Meatloaf mixture into a springform pan or a 2 tier accessory pan.
Always wrap the bottom of your springform pan so no liquid leaks in or out. Pressure cook for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
Then baste with sauce.
You can either serve it or throw it in the oven under Broil for about 90 seconds to caramelize the sauce or not. Either way it's delicious.
Always make sure your internal temperature reaches 165F degrees for proper consumption.
What to serve with Stove Top Meatloaf?
Honestly, nothing is better than a delicious bowl of whipped mashed potatoes with gravy.
YUM! We also love to add a steamed veggie too.
PIN ME! Save for later!
More EASY Dinner Recipes!
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Homemade Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants
- Oven Baked Fajitas
- Instant Pot Swiss Steak
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- Instant Pot Hamburger
- Japanese Rice Bowl
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Chicken Divan
Stove Top Meatloaf
- 1 lb Hamburger I prefer 85/15%
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing Any variety
- 2 Eggs
- 1 8oz Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup BBQ Sauce
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- In a large bowl or mixer, add Hamburger, Stove Top Stuffing, Eggs, and Tomato Sauce and mix. I prefer to use my big mixer so I don't have to mix with my hands.
- Lightly grease a bread pan and place mixed meatloaf into pan and form a brick shape. I like to leave room around the edges to allow for the natural juices to flow around the meatloaf
- In a separate bowl mix BBQ sauce and Ketchup. This will be used at the end to glaze the meatloaf with and use for dipping sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Baste with glaze and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve. Leftover Meatloaf is excellent on a sandwich.
Instant Pot Directions
- Follow the Directions above to mix hamburger and place in a Springform Pan or a 2 tier pot accessory. Wrap the bottom of a Spring form pan in foil. Place Meatloaf in greased pan and pressure cook for 25 minutes with a 10 minute natural release. Meatloaf should reach 165 degrees internal temperature.
Ok, so you're basically saying that you're cooking the meatloaf in a raised pan not touching the bottom of the pressure cooker? So essentially making it like an oven? And you put some water in it right?
Hi Dan, yes that is correct. The Pot in Pot style of Pressure Cooking means the ingredients are pressure cooked in a separate pan that sits above water that is below.
I was a bit hesitant to use tomato sauce inside meatloaf so I ended up also adding in 2 tsp sugar to offset the acidity. I also added 1/4 cup diced white onions because I needed to use one up. The whole thing came together beautifully and I'm so glad I tried this. Thank you, thank you!
You are welcome Winniebear! So happy to hear you enjoyed the recipe
Disappointing that the recipe doesn't even say how many eggs to use.
Hi Michelene, The Printable Recipe Card found on each of my posts lists all the ingredients and measurements needed for a recipe. This recipe calls for 2 eggs as you will see listed on the card. Recipe cards will also include all special directions needed as well as the steps to make the recipe. My recipes are easy to make for all levels of experience in the kitchen and are family friendly too.
It would be soooo cool to just click on a recipe link one day and just be able to see the recipe rather than scroll down to the bottom every time, on every single website 🤣 meatloaf was great once i finally put my anger aside and made it 3 days later
Hi Sam, Sorry to make you burn a few extra calories by exercising your fingers or thumb to get to the bottom of the post. But the extra time you are on my page really does make a different as I am a very small business and every penny counts. Thanks for the support!
Do you use the seasoning packet from the Stove Top Stuffing mix when you make the meatloaf!
I use the the bread mixed with seasonings for the meatloaf. It's all combined into one package.
It sounds great...but the tag in your email said it was "instant pot" but there are no directions for IP...just oven. Did I miss it/link?
Hi Rebecca! Great name by the way! 😉 . The update with the Instant Pot directions didn't show up on the post until later this morning. I'm sorry. However all the information is in the video. Please check the Recipe Card for all the information on how to cook in the Instant Pot as well as in the Oven!
My brother suggested I might like this website. He was totally right.
This post actually made my day. You cann't imagine just how much time I
had spent for this information! Thanks!
Hi Franklin! Welcome to Devour Dinner! I'm so glad your brother introduced you. Stove Top Meatloaf is a great recipe. We love it in our home. Hope you find other great recipes too!
green dot platinum login
My family members always say that I am killing my
time here at web, but I know I am getting experience every day by
reading such nice content.
I just discovered that my 11 month old likes meatloaf but I don’t have a favorite recipe. Can’t wait to try this one!
This is such a great recipe because it's so easy and all the flavors are added with the stove top. I love it, hope he does too!
Lynn @ Oh-So Yummy
whoa another easy use for stovetop stuffing! i guess you don't have to wait until thanksgiving haha! 🙂
What a great post for those that love meatloaf.
Wow! Great idea to use the stuffing!
Meatloaf is a Winter comfort food for me. Excited to try it with yummy stuffing
We love to make Meatball Sandwiches, packed full of flavor with the stuffing mix makes these perfect.