Chicken Cream Cheese Croissant
I first made this recipe of Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants years and years ago when my now 22 year old son was little. He devoured them and still will regularly ask to have them for dinner secretly hoping there will be leftovers so he can eat one for lunch the next day.
That’s all I need as a mom to know it’s a good recipe. This recipe has become a tried and true favorite over the years and we will continue to share this recipe of Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants to all those to come into our home.
With simple ingredients the Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants are the type of recipes my boys have taken with them to college. Nothing like a little bit of home with a recipe they can handle with their busy college lives. The each have learned to modify this recipe to their tastes too. It’s wonderful to see them growing in the kitchen and learning how to cook.
I buy the refrigerated can croissants. These have 8 croissants in each can. However, when you unroll the dough there are cuts to separate the dough and you will need to pinch the seams together with your fingers to create 4 rectangles per can. This recipe can easily be halved if you only wish to make 4 Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants at a time. Please note, my cutting board will only hold 3 rectangles at time, but rest assured you can make 4 of these babies at once.
To make that wonderful additional flaky crust on the croissant, take a whisked egg and brush it on before you bake. It’s amazing what this little additional effort makes to the texture and flavor of this dish. Yum! Who wouldn’t love the Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants? I’m ready for one now.
Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants are easily made using the base ingredient of shredded chicken. See Recipe Here. I keep Shredded Chicken in my freeze so I can quickly make family favorite recipes quickly.
Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken See Recipe
- 2 Pop Cans Croissants
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 bunch Green Onions
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper Chopped and diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter softened
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Egg *optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- In a bowl mix cream cheese and butter, until blended. Add milk. Mixture will be chunky if cream cheese is not softened. It's okay. Add in shredded chicken, diced green onions, diced green bell pepper, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- On a cutting board, unroll one tube of Croissants. They are all precut, so with your fingers pinch together the cut lines. You will be make 4 rectangles out of the 8 croissants. See Photo
- One each rectangle place 1/4 cup of mixture in the center of the croissant and bring corners together and pinch to close.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and brush egg over each croissant. (Optional)
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.