You are in for a real treat with this recipe for Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan. A little bit of heaven stuffed in a croissant makes this a little bit like a deconstructed Chicken Parmesan but so quick and easy to make on those busy nights.
These Chicken Pillows are filled with cooked chicken, marinara sauce and mozzarella. I know you are licking your lips. I made these little bites of heaven by accident.
As you know one of my boys favorite easy dinners is this Cream Cheese Chicken Stuffed Croissants, a recipe I’ve been making for decades. In a pinch I used leftover spaghetti sauce with fresh sliced mozzarella and Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, an easy recipe I use for meal prepping.
Of course you know Chicken Parmesan is easily a top 10 recipe, and although it’s not difficult to make it can take a little prep work and time. This recipe however can be made really easily and in a pinch don’t hesitate to use some cut up Rotisserie Chicken.
Ingredients for Easy Basked Chicken Parmesan
- 1 Roll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Water (Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to make Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
Make sure to go to the Recipe Card at the bottom of this post for the full details. Making Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Chicken Pillows is really easy. You can of course use Cooked Canned Chicken or even Rotisserie Chicken too in a pinch. I love to make my own chicken using the Instant Pot which really is pretty quick. Let's get started
Place seasoned chicken breasts in the Instant Pot / Pressure cooker with 1 cup of water or chicken broth. Chicken broth adds extra flavor that the chicken will absorb. Set to Pressure Cook High for 18 minutes with a 20 minute Natural Pressure Release.
Chicken will shred easily using this method using forks but feel free to use a hand mixer to shred it up too. Unroll the Crescent Biscuits into 4 squares and pinch the seams together. Add Chicken, Marinara Sauce and Cheese on top.
Pull opposite corners of dough together meeting in the top center and repeat with remaining corners pinching tightly creating a pouch
I like to whisk an egg and brush on uncooked dough. This will add a nice flaky crispy crust. It's pleasing to the eye and tastes great too.
Bake and serve. Trust me your family will come running for more, consider doubling this recipe!
This recipe is a perfect recipe to get those little hands to help with dinner. It’s really a no fail recipe and they can easily help and learn a few things. Make sure you capture a picture of their proud little faces when they dive in knowing they made dinner!
Can you make Easy Baked Chicken Parm ahead?
If you wish to make in advance, I find it best to cook the chicken early and it and the other ingredients prepared. However, I will put them together fresh as it only takes a few minutes.
Can you Freeze Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan?
I personally have never tried to freeze. I do however meal prep and cook chicken and freeze cooked shredded chicken for easy dinners later.
How to reheat
Sadly Pop Croissant Biscuits don’t reheat the same as baking, however it’s pretty easy to place a Chicken Pillow in the Microwave and reheat
What is Chicken Parmesan?
Chicken Parmesan is easily a top 10 recipe traditionally made with a breaded chicken breast and smothered in a fresh marinara sauce with melted mozzarella cheese on top served over pasta. Oh it’s good!
Is Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Parmigiana the same?
The simple answer is YES. In the U.S. we like to call it Chicken Parm. Australians like to call it Parmy or Parmi. Today Chicken Parmigiana has been shorted to Chicken Parmesan which references the cheese made in and our the providence of Parma.
This dish became popular in the U.S. in the 1950's and was first featured in the New York Times in 1962. Traditionally served with pasta but so amazing when served as a slider or even stuffed in a croissant!
Where does Chicken Parmesan come from?
You might think that Chicken Parmesan came from Italy, but crazy enough it does not. FILL IN ANSWER HERE!!
I’m often asked what other recipes do I have making Stuffed Croissants. Of course the Chicken Crescrent Roll Recipe has been viewed over 1,000,000 times and a fan favorite. I also love to make a Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Croissant which is excellent.
Fun and Easy Stuffed Croissants and Chicken Parm Recipes
- Cream Cheese Chicken Croissants
- Easy Philly Cheesesteak Croissants
- Turkey Stuffed Crescent Ring
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- How to make Chicken Parmesan
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Water Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 4 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Place water in Bottom of Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Add Chicken Breasts on Trivet
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper on Chicken Breasts
- Sprinkle crushed garlic on chicken
- Close Instant Pot Lid and check to make sure pressure valve is closed
- Set on Manual (Presser Cook) High for 18 minutesAllow a 20 minute Natural Release
- Remove Chicken Breasts and one at a time shred chicken with forks, Set Aside
- On a greased cookie sheet unroll Crescent Rolls making 4 squares
- Using your fingers, pinch seams closed
- Place about ½ cup of shredded chicken on each square
- Top with ¼ cup Marinara Sauce
- Place slice of Mozzarella Cheese on top
- Pull opposite corners of dough together meeting in the top center and repeat with remaining corners pinching tightly creating a pouch
- Whist egg and brush on croissantBake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown