Cinco de Mayo favorite recipe, Instant Pot Easy Chicken Fajitas! YUM! How to make Easy Chicken Fajitas in the Instant Pot, you will be amazed at how quick and easy these are.
If you have followed me at all, then you know I LOVE a quick and easy recipe, but I don’t want to miss out on any flavor. Easy Chicken Fajitas are perfectly packed full of yummy seasonings and so easy to throw together for a fun meal.
I once took this meal to a friend and laughed so hard at a text message I got from my friends husband. It read “I’m in LOVE! Don’t tell your husband! Dinner was great. Thanks so much”. Those are the kinds of results I enjoy hearing about my recipes, ones where people really enjoy. Fortunately the comments were all in jest, but he was truly in love with the recipe. 😉
Serves 6 | Perfect or Dinner | 6 Qt Instant Pot
What Ingredients are in Easy Chicken Fajitas?
The list might be long, but it’s definitely not hard!
- Seasonings: This is the perfect blend of flavor that isn’t too spicy. Use 2 Tbsp Chili Powder, 1/2 Tbsp Paprika, 1/2 tsp Onion Powder, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 2 tsp Cumin, 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper *optional, 2 tsp Sugar, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1 Tbs Corn Starch
- Chicken: 1 lb (about 2-3) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Vegetables: I like variety, so try this combination. 1/2 large Sweet Onions – Sliced, 1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper – Sliced, 1/2 medium Red Bell Pepper – Sliced, and 1/2 medium Yellow Bell Pepper – Sliced
- Tortillas: 8 Flour or corn Tortillas depending on what you like best!
- Garnish: Don’t forget to garnish! Use sour cream, avocado, cilantro, lime, tomatoes, rice, beans, cheese and anything else you want on your Fajita.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas?
So let’s start! Slicing chicken is never my favorite but I have found a little trick that helps slicing chicken thin. Cut your chicken when it’s a little frozen. YUP! When it’s a little frozen it’s easy to slice thin and it slices so much faster too.
Once your chicken is sliced I like to put all my seasonings in a zip-loc bag and place the sliced chicken inside and shake shake shake! Coat the chicken the best you can. The chicken will try to stick together, so break it up and make sure it’s beautifully coated.
Quick Tip ~ I use this same trick for seasoning the veggies too!
Here is a little tip when making these Easy Chicken Fajitas in the Instant Pot. You want your chicken lifted out of all the juices. I use a trivet with a piece of foil on it to hold the chicken out of the liquid below. Now all the yummy seasonings will stay on the chicken and not float away.
Set your Instant Pot to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 5 Minutes and do a 5 minute Natural Release (NR) followed by a Quick Release. Then add your sliced Onions and bell peppers on top and close that lid! Set your Instant Pot to 1 Minute. It will seal almost instantly because everything is so hot. But this allows your veggies to soften up but not be too soft.
Making Easy Chicken Fajitas is really that easy. Server your Chicken Fajitas on flour or corn tortillas. Delish! But I won’t tell if you go carb free and serve this yummy Fajitas mixture over a salad. It’s so good. 😉
How to make Chicken Fajitas Seasoning
Making Chicken Fajita Seasoning is easier than you might think. Of course you could just buy one of those packets at the store, but mixing some Cumin, Chili Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Cayenne, and Sugar really does a perfect job and seasoning up those Fajitas!
How to make Chicken Fajitas in the Oven
Making Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas is also a super simple recipe. So simple we have it here for you!
What Toppings for Chicken Fajitas
The Toppings are endless for Chicken Fajitas. But here are a few to get you thinking. Salsa, Cheese, Sour Cream, Avocado, Lime, and Cilantro
How to Serve Chicken Fajitas
We love to serve Fajitas with warm tortillas, either corn or flour. Delish!
What goes with Chicken Fajitas
Add some refried beans, Spanish Rice, Chips and salsa, and of course a nice salad. Really anything Mexican goes when you are eating Fajitas.
Can Chicken Fajitas be frozen?
I have often frozen my Chicken Fajita meat. Sure does save me on a rainy day. I prefer my veggies fresh so I will quickly cook those up when I’m ready to eat.
We know you LOVE this recipe, so why not PIN it and SAVE for later!
Need more Mexican Recipe Ideas? We thought so!
- Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad
- Navajo Tacos
- Spanish Rice
- Honey Lime Enchiladas
- Pork Street Tacos
- Ground Turkey Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wrap
- Chicken Taquitos
- BBQ Chicken Tostada
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper *optional
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Corn Starch
- 1/2 large Sweet Onions - Sliced
- 1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper - Sliced
- 1/2 medium Red Bell Pepper - Sliced
- 1/2 medium Yellow Bell Pepper - Sliced
- 1 lb (about 2-3) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 medium Lime
- 8-10 6-inch Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Cilantro
- Mix all of the ingredients for the seasoning into a small bowl. Set aside, we aren't ready for this just yet.
- Slice Chicken Breasts thin and set aside
- Slice Onion and Bell Peppers and set aside
- Divide seasoning mixture in half and sprinkle 1/2 seasoning mixture on top of chicken and the other half on the sliced vegetables. Toss to coat
- Place 1 cup water in Instant Pot
- Place Chicken in Steamer Basket OR use a trivet and place a piece of tin foil on top.
- Set to Manual (Pressure Cook) high for 5 Minutes. Allow a 5 Minute Natural Release (NR) and then Quick Release (QR) and open lid
- Place Sliced Vegetables on top and quickly close lid
- Set to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 1 Minute and Quick Release (QR)
- Open Lid and remove basket with Chicken Fajitas and vegetables.
- Squeeze juice from 1 lime over Fajitas. Serve on warm Tortillas
- Garnish with Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, Cilantro etc
Tip: Use a Zip-Loc bag to place sliced chicken and Fajita Seasonings in and shake shake shake to coat. Super easy!
Steamer Basket: Don't let your seasoned chicken fall into the water. It will lose all those yummy seasonings. Use a steamer basket or make a tin foil tray and place on a trivet. Anything to keep the Chicken lifted up.
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Steamer, Green
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.