Pork Street Tacos ~ It’s Taco Tuesday!If I’m really on my game then the night before I pull a pork roast out of the freezer. But let me be honest, I’m not on my game that often. So I quickly pull out a roast, fill the sink with hot water, and throw the roast into the water to begin thawing. Bag and all! Within 30 minutes I find the roast is mostly thaw and ready to go into the Crock Pot. This recipe is so simple and takes very little effort to prepare that I can even do this before running out the door for errands. Love it!Throw in some garlic, lime, cumin and chicken broth and let to crock! I love chicken broth and use it so often to keep food moist and add a little flavor. Yummy! When the roast is done cooking, I pull it out, remove any excess fat and shred it with forks. The roast is so tender and moist it literally falls apart with very little effort. I personally love to use the 4 pack of roasts from a large warehouse store. However only one of those large warehouse stores carry the ones I’m talking about. So check the one that starts with a “C” and ends with an “O” and you will find them! They are the perfect size, always tender, and so full of flavor. Plus the price is perfect! This size doesn’t give me many left overs, but that’s okay. I love the size and convenience.
Stay up to date on what we share at Devour Dinner. Easy ‘Click’ to Follow
Pork Street Tacos
- 1 1/2 ~ 2 pound Pork Roast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Cumin *Divided
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Lime Juice 1 Med-large lime squeezed
- 3 Tbs Cilantro
- 2-3 Roma Tomato
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 pkg Tortilla Corn or Flour
- 2-3 Limes Slices for garnish
- Sour Cream For garnish
Instant Pot Directions
- INSTANT POT: Place roast on trivet, add broth. Add Cumin, Garlic, and Lime. Cook on Manual for 90 minutes. NP for 10 minutes then QR.
Crock Pot Directions
- CROCK POT: Place roast in a crock pot with broth and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add 1 tsp of cumin on roast with garlic and the juice of 1 lime and pour over roast
- Roast will easily shred after specified cooking time. Pull roast out of Crock Pot OR Instant Pot, and with 2 forks pull meat apart.
- Add an additional 1 tsp Cumin and 1 Tbs Lime Juice and toss to combine.
- Serve over warmed tortilla shells. Either flour or corn.
- Garnish with Sour Cream, Cheese, Salsa, Tomatos, Cilantro, Limes, etc