Making Ground Turkey Tacos is super simple, especially in an Instant Pot. In minutes your Ground Turkey is cooked and your vegetables are sautéed. Enjoy Taco Tuesday any night of the week.
Serves 4 | Ready in 15 Minutes | Great for Dinner
In the US we can get silly over strange things and Taco Tuesday is one of them. Tuesday’s are for eating food in a tortilla shell or any Mexican Food made to eat in a tortilla shell…
We call this Taco Tuesday and enjoy good food, good friends, with laughter and smiles all year long.
Ground Turkey Tacos are just one of the many Taco recipes you can devour for Taco Tuesday!
Why go out to eat, when you can stay in and make delicious mouthwatering Ground Turkey Tacos at home?
Ground Turkey Tacos can be made quick and easy using the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. These Healthy, low carb Tacos have all the flavor you are looking for without all the calories.
Ground Turkey Tacos is a great alternative to other protein as it’s low in fat.
Turkey is both light and dark meat ground up together and can be used and substituted in any recipe that calls for Hamburger.
I prefer to use an 85/15 Fat Content as it gives just the right amount of fat to cook in. But remember to drain off all excess fat. You don’t want that in your Ground Turkey Tacos Recipe
Cooking ground meats in the Instant Pot is a cinch. Okay, I wasn’t a believer at first either. Trust me!
Place your water or broth in the bottom of your Instant Pot and use a trivet to place your meat on top. Season with Salt and Pepper is always recommended.
Let the Instant Pot do it’s magic, I promise you. It’s magic. In a few short minutes your Ground Turkey will be cooked. Remove your turkey, and discard the drippings and clean out your pan.
The pan will wipe out quickly and easily. Add your cooked ground turkey back to the pot and with a wooden spoon chop up the meat. It will fall apart.
Instant Pot (Cont)
Turn your Instant Pot to Saute’ and now add the remaining ingredients and stir. Remember to stay and watch your food while on Saute’ you don’t want anything to stick and burn.
Within minutes the veggies will have cooked down and your filling is ready for a tortilla soft shell, hard shell, or even a lettuce wrap.
Ground Turkey Tacos are a low carb, Keto Friendly filling as well as Gluten Free.
Make sure to take a look and try our Pork Street Tacos. These have been a family favorite for years and so easy to make with a Pork Roast or Tenderloin.
What to Serve with Tacos?
Don’t Fear, I’ve got you covered. Make some Cilantro Lime Rice to serve on the side or a fresh garden salad and don’t forget to have Chips and Salsa. Yum!
Some of our Favorite Products
Devour Dinner is participate of the Amazon Affiliates LLC program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We appreciate your clicks.
By Alpha Living$10.99Buy Now
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Click the Red Pinterest Save button in the upper left corner of the pictures below
Keep it Simple! Remember, Taco Tuesday is for fun. Have options of tomato, salsa, sour cream, onions, peppers, cheese, beans and more! Everyone will be able to customize their Tacos just how they love.
Make sure to check out these quick and easy Dinner Ideas, for more delicious dinner options.
If you like what you saw, you will love these other great recipes too!
- Chicken Taquito Enchilada
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Sweet Corn Cakes
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Fajita Sliders
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- BBQ Chicken Tostada
- Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad
- Ground Turkey Tacos
- Spanish Rice
- Watermelon Salsa
Ground Turkey Tacos
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 1/2 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Diced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbs Garlic
- 3/4 Cup Salsa
- 3 Tbs Taco Seasonings
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- 8 Taco Size Tortilla Shells OR Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Directions:
- Place 1 cup water or Broth in Instant Pot
- Place 1 lb Ground Turkey on trivet in Instant Pot
- Set to Manual High (Pressure Cook) for 5 minutes and quick release
- Remove cooked ground turkey and discard any liquids in the pot. Clean or wipe out pot and put back in Instant Pot.
- Set to Saute’ and Add cooked Turkey and with a wooden spoon chop up meat
- Add diced onion and bell peppers and stir
- Add Taco Seasoning, salsa and water and stir.
- Watch and stir for 4-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon filling into tortilla shells
- Stove Top Directions:
- Over medium/high heat Add ground Turkey to frying pan. Add Salt and Pepper. Cook until it reaches 165 degrees
- Add bell peppers, onions, taco seasoning, salsa, and water and stir.
- Cook until vegetables have softened to desired consistency.
- Add filling to tortilla shells and enjoy
- Sour Cream