Make sure to SHARE this Recipe with others!
Chicken Taquitos with a Creamy Tomatillo Sauce is an easy and quick meal or even better served as an Appetizer at your next big party.
This Super Simple Recipe couldn’t be easier with frozen Chicken Taquitos and a simple addition to my amazing Tomatillo Salsa recipe. Baked quick and easy for a perfect Appetizer or light meal.
Fresh or Frozen Chicken Taquitos
Sometimes a Mom I just can’t do everything made fresh. So I like to use products all ready out there to make my life a little simpler. Frozen Chicken Taquitos are high on my list, especially with the boys I raise!
So it was a no brainer to use Tomatillo Salsa as a base for this Chicken Taquito Recipe with Tomatillo Sauce and Cheese on top.
Fresh is best, right? Quickly chop up some Green Onions, Tomatillos, and Cilantro to throw into a food processor with some diced green chilis and seasonings. It’s really that simple!
Add heavy cream to Tomatillo Salsa for the perfect creamy blended sauce to top your Chicken Taquitos.
Choose your favorite frozen Taquitos for this recipe. They all work wonderfully! The extra Tomatillo Salsa is a perfect garnish for this appetizer too!
What are Taquitos?
Taquitos are rolled tortillas filled with Chicken, Beef, or Pork in a blended of seasonings. They can be baked or fried and are typically crunchy like a taco.
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? PIN IT NOW!
You know when you make appetizers you can’t stop at just one? I’ve got a list of great Appetizers for you!
- Bacon Onion Appetizer
- Monkey Bread Pizza
- Cheese Bread
- Easy Fruit Bruschetta
- Honey Balsamic Steak Bites
- Sweet Corn Cakes ~ Copycat Recipe from The Cheesecake Factory
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 12 Chicken Taquitos - Frozen
- 3-4 Tomatillos
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
- 4 oz Diced Green Chilis *Mild, Medium OR Hot
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 3 Tbs Fresh Cilantro
- 3 Tbs Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Spray a baking dish and line Taquitos in dish
- Husk and wash Tomatillos and dice
- Wash Green Onions and dice
- Wash Cilantro and Chop
- Add Diced Tomatillo, Cilantro, Green Onions and Chilis, Cumin, Salt, Pepper, and Sugar and Puree
- Pour 1 Cup of Salsa into bowl and add Heavy Cream. Stir
- Pour Creamy Tomatillo Sauce over Taquitos and add Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 12 minutes
- Lodge L8SK3 10.25 inch Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use 10.25" Black
- AmazonBasics Glass Oblong Baking Dishes - 2-Pack
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 488 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 811mg Carbohydrates: 55g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Protein: 16g