About this Recipe
Sweet Salsa Chicken is a stable in my home. The convenience of this recipes is perfect. It’s perfect for weekday night meals and perfect for feeding a crowd. It looks and smells delicious and beyond that the Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad does not disappoint either. Everyone always asks for the recipe. It’s so simple is crazy!
Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad can be made with shredded chicken made in the Crock Pot, Instant Pot, or (hint) even canned chicken breast. EEK! Yes, I did just say that! But truly, sometime life gets in the way and even the simplest of recipes need a quick tip here and there. Making Sweet Salsa Chicken is also wonderful in Quesadillas or in Burritos. It’s truly one of those recipes that can be used so many ways.
Step by Step Entire Meal Instructions
and full video tutoral
Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot, salt and pepper to taste, add garlic and 1 cup of liquid (chicken broth or water) . Cook on Manual for 18-22 minutes.
Cook rice in a rice cooker or on the stove top (see stop top method here). Rice takes time to cook, by starting this now, everything will be done at about the same time.
Slice vegetables. Cut up Bell Peppers and Onions and saute’ in a few tablespoons of butter of medium/high heat until desired doneness.
Prepare your serving dishes. Sweet Salsa Chicken is great it Sour Cream, Salsa, Cheese, Guacamole, Tortilla Chips, Salad, Dressing and more!
Remove Chicken from Instant Pot when done and shred. Mix Sweet Salsa (See 2 ingredient recipe below) into shredded chicken and serve Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad. Enjoy!
Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad
- 3 Cups Chicken Breasts *about 3 medium size chicken breasts.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 Cup Water or Chicken Broth *for Instant Pot
- 1 Cup Salsa *Use your favorite Salsa
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar *Use less Brown Sugar for less sweetness
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Sliced Thin
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced Thin
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Sliced Thin
- 1 Sweet Onion Sliced Thin
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter
Zesty Tangy Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Zesty Italian Dressing
Extras for Salad
- 1 Head Iceburg Lettuce Washed and chopped
- 1 Head Romaine OR Green Leaf Lettuce Washed and Chopped
- 1 Cup Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- Place chicken breasts into Instant Pot with Salt and Pepper and Garlic. Add 1 cup liquid (chicken broth or water) and sett to manual for 18-22 minutes. Allow to natural release for 5 minutes and quick release the remaining. Shred cooked chicken.
- In a separate bowl mix Salsa and Brown Sugar for the Sweet Salsa. Using less brown sugar will make the Sweet Salsa Chicken less sweet.
- Wash and slice vegetables. Saute over medium/high heat with butter until desired doneness.
- Wash and cut Lettuce and toss in a bowl. Prepare smaller bowls with extras for salad (cheese, sour cream, regular salsa, guacamole, etc)
- Mix sweet Salsa with Shredded Chicken when chicken has completed cooking.
- Serve Salad, layering with Lettuce, Sweet Salsa Chicken, Sautéed Vegetables, Cheese, Sour Cream, etc and top with Chips. Enjoy!