Sunday afternoon Pot Roast was a tradition that my mom always made with this easy 3 Packet Pot Roast Recipe. I loved the rich flavor of the gravy over the roast and vegetables. Delicious!
3 Packet Pot Roast, has all those yummy flavors without all the effort. It’s wonderful. Ranch, Gravy and Zesty Italian create the perfect combination for a good traditional pot roast.
You won’t believe me until you try it. The 3 Packet Pot Roast is delicious.
How to make 3 Packet Pot Roast
I like to mix the 3 packets (Ranch, Brown Gravy and Zesty Italian) into a small bowl and combine.
It’s not necessary but I feel it helps blend the flavors before covering the roast.
This recipe can also be done in a Crock Pot, by just adjusting the time.
Either way you cook it will be wonderful.
Instant Pot Directions
- Place 1 cup of beef broth or water in the bottom of the pot.
- I prefer to use my rack to lift everything up off the bottom. However you don’t need to.
- Place roast that has been covered in the spice packets into the Instant Pot and place baby carrots and sliced onions on top.
- Don’t forget to Salt and Pepper. You don’t need a lot but it helps! I promise.
- Close the lid, set to manual and cook for 90 minutes for a 2-3 pound roast.
Cooking Time for a Crock Pot would be 6-8 hours on low.
Cooking Time for Instant Pot would be 90 minutes on manual with a 10 minute natural release and then quick release.
After your 3 packet pot roast has cooked, remove roast, carrots and onions from Instant Pot or Crock Pot.
What’s left is some delicious juices. Pull out about 1-1 1/2 cups of this reserve juice. Add 2 Tbls Corn Starch and whisk. Heat in a sauce pan to thicken.
It’s a wonderful addition to your roast. The 3 Packet of spices really add to this Pot Roast. I’m truly amazed by the combination of flavors and would never have guessed it would create such a great recipe.
3 Packet Pot Roast is still a Sunday Favorite in our home.
Tried and True Instant Pot Recipes
- Creamy Chicken Divan
- French Dip Sandwich
- Grandma’s Beef Stew Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- Mongolian Beef Take Out
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Pasta
- White Chicken Chili Recipe
3 Packet Post Roast ~ Instant Pot
- 1 2-3 lb Beef Roast
- 1 Cup Water or Beef Broth
- 1 pkg Brown Gravy
- 1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 pkg Zesty Italian Mix
- 1 sm bag Baby Carrots
- 1 sliced Yellow Onion
- 2 Tbs Corn Starch *for Gravy
- In a small bowl combine Brown Gravy, Zesty Italian, and Ranch Mix. Stir to combine.
- Using 2/3 of the seasoning mixture. Cover roast with seasonings. You can add Salt and Pepper if you wish!
- In Crock Pot or Instant Pot, pour 1 cup water or beef broth.
- Use a rack and place carrots and onions on top.
- Sprinkle remaining seasonings over Carrots and Onions.
- Place roast on top of vegetables
- Close Instant Pot lid, make sure pressure valve is closed. Set to Manual for 90 minutes.
- Crock Pot: Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Remove Roast and Vegetables from Instant Pot or Crock Pot.
- Remove 1- 1 1/2 cups reserve juices
- In a small saucepan add 2 Tbls Corn Starch to reserve juices and heat over medium/high heat to thicken. Use gravy over roast and vegetables.