Sunday afternoon Pot Roast was a tradition that my mom always made. I loved the rich flavor of the gravy over the roast and vegetables. Delicious! 3 Packet Pot Roast, has all those yummy flavors without all the effort. It’s wonderful. Ranch, Gravy and Zesty Italian create the perfect combination for a good traditional pot roast. You won’t believe me until you try it. The 3 Packet Pot Roast is delicious.
I like to mix the 3 packets (Ranch, Brown Gravy and Zesty Italian) into a small bowl and combine. It’s not necessary but I feel it helps blend the flavors before covering the roast. This recipe can also be done in a Crock Pot, by just adjusting the time. Either way you cook it will be wonderful.
Place 1 cup of beef broth or water in the bottom of the pot. I prefer to use my rack to lift everything up off the bottom. However you don’t need to. Place roast that has been covered in the spice packets into the Instant Pot and place baby carrots and sliced onions on top. Don’t forget to Salt and Pepper. You don’t need a lot but it helps! I promise. Close the lid, set to manual and cook for 90 minutes for a 2-3 pound roast.
After your 3 packet pot roast has cooked, remove roast, carrots and onions from Instant Pot or Crock Pot. What’s left is some delicious juices. Pull out about 1-1 1/2 cups of this reserve juice. Add 2 Tbls Corn Starch and whisk. Heat in a sauce pan to thicken. It’s a wonderful addition to your roast. The 3 Packet of spices really add to this Pot Roast. I’m truly amazed by the combination of flavors and would never have guessed it would create such a great recipe. 3 Packet Pot Roast is still a Sunday Favorite in our home.
Stay up to date on what we share at Devour Dinner. Easy ‘Click’ to Follow
Try these other tasty Recipes
3 Packet Post Roast ~ Instant Pot
- 1 2-3 lb Beef Roast
- 1 Cup Water or Beef Broth
- 1 pkg Brown Gravy
- 1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 pkg Zesty Italian Mix
- 1 sm bag Baby Carrots
- 1 sliced Yellow Onion
- 2 Tbs Corn Starch *for Gravy
- In a small bowl combine Brown Gravy, Zesty Italian, and Ranch Mix. Stir to combine.
- Using 2/3 of the seasoning mixture. Cover roast with seasonings. You can add Salt and Pepper if you wish!
- In Crock Pot or Instant Pot, pour 1 cup water or beef broth.
- Use a rack and place carrots and onions on top.
- Sprinkle remaining seasonings over Carrots and Onions.
- Place roast on top of vegetables
- Close Instant Pot lid, make sure pressure valve is closed. Set to Manual for 90 minutes.
- Crock Pot: Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Remove Roast and Vegetables from Instant Pot or Crock Pot.
- Remove 1- 1 1/2 cups reserve juices
- In a small saucepan add 2 Tbls Corn Starch to reserve juices and heat over medium/high heat to thicken. Use gravy over roast and vegetables.