Mandarin Chicken is a wonderful recipe that can be made in either the Crock Pot or Pinstant Pot Pressure cooker.
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker years ago. I fell in love with the simplicity of this dinner and better yet, loved it even more when my boys devoured it and asked for more.
That’s a win in my book for sure.
Served over rice, it’s a complete meal with only a few minutes preparation. Watch the Video Tutorial to see how it all comes together so easily and quickly.
Regardless how simple this recipe is for Mandarin Chicken, you and your family will love it.
Mandarin Chicken is tangy and sweet. Just a real combination of delicious flavors in your mouth.
Place chicken in Instant Pot and add the mixed salad dressing and cranberry sauce. Pour over the top and then top with mandarin orange. It really is just that simple.
Set your Instant Pot and you are ready to set the table, cook up a quick vegetable, or put your feet up after a long busy day. Your family with thank you and you will love Mandarin Chicken too.
Substitute French Dressing for Russian Dressing. They both are wonderful!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? No Trouble! Mandarin Chicken can be made in the Crock Pot too.
Follow the instructions and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 on high to cook your chicken. Delicious!
Step by Step Instructions
- In a rice cooker, place 2 cups rice and 4 cups liquid and get it started cooking. This will ensure that your meal will all be done at once if using the Instant Pot
- In a small bowl combine salad dressing and cranberry sauce. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Place Chicken Breasts into Instant Pot. Pour mixture over the top. Pour drained mandarin oranges on top. It’s important to add an additional 1/2 water to the Instant Pot for everything to cook properly.
- Set to Manual for 18 minutes. Natural Release for 5 minutes and Quick Release the remaining.
- Serve over a bed of rice. Place chicken on top with some of the juices and additional mandarin orange. Enjoy!
- For full recipe – Scroll to the very bottom of post for Recipe Card
Want to make your sauce thick? That’s super easy. Reduce sauce in a sauce pan over medium heat until you reach desired thickness OR make a cornstarch slurry (2 Tbls cornstarch with a little liquid and stir in)
You will have a rich thick drizzle sauce for your rice and chicken too.
Mandarin Chicken and Rice
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Cranberry Jelly *I prefer with whole berries
- 1 Cup Russian Dressing *Could substitute French Dressing
- 1 Can Mandarin Oranges
- 2 Cups Rice
- 4 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup water *Instant Pot Recipe Only
- In a rice cooker place 2 cups rice with 4 cups water. Salt to taste and start.
- In a small bowl combine salad dressing and cranberry sauce and miix to combine. Set aside.
- In a Crock Pot or Instant Pot: Place Chicken Breasts, pour mixture of salad dressing and cranberry sauce on top. Pour drained and rinsed can of mandarin oranges on top. (add 1/2 cup water to instant pot – Omit for crock pot)
- Instant Pot – Cook on Manual for 18 minutes. Natural Release for 5 minutes, Quick Release remaining time. Crock Pot – Cook on low for 6-8 hours until done.
- Serve Mandarin Chicken over Rice. Enjoy