About this Recipe
This is a sponsored post. But all views are my own.
Piñata Cupcakes were so much fun and beyond simple to make. What a fun time we had celebrating family and caping off the meal with this fun treat cupcake recipe from M&M’s. Everyone felt like a kid again and enjoyed the Piñata Cupcakes more than I could imagine. I love how cute they were and how easy it was for me to make. And I loved adding raspberry to the frosting for that extra touch of delicious flavor. Not just a regular cupcake, but a really fun dessert that tastes great too!
This recipe can actually be made a couple of ways. You can skip the recipe all together and just use a cake mix adding the ingredients from the box OR you can follow the recipe and make them from scratch. Either way, you will love the outcome of Piñata Cupcakes because they are just so fun. The recipe included is from M&M’s directly and I really liked the soft texture and flavor from the cupcake. It was a great recipe and not hard to make at all. However, in the future I may use a flavored cake miix just because I can!
Once the cupcakes have backed and cooled you can use a knife to make a small hole iin the top of each cupcake. Carefully lift out the cake and fill hole with Skillets Red, White and Blue for Summer! Then replace the tops to hold candy in place. To pipe frosting onto cupcakes, use a z-lock bag and cut a snippet out of the corner. This will allow you to make a nice circle piping of your frosting and look beautiful.
Follow the directions for the cupcakes from scratch OR use a flavored cake miix and follow the box instructions. Life isn’t meant to be complicate. So keep it simple!
Step by Step Instructions
Make Cupcakes. Follow recipe or use a boxed mix and add ingredients listed on box.
Make the Frosting by following the recipe OR using a pre-made frosting and adding raspberry jam and food coloring.
Bake Cupcakes and allow to completely cool. Cut a 1 in hole in top of each cupcake and carefully lift off top and set aside.
Place 1/4 cup of Skittles Made in America Red, White and Blue Candies into each cupcake and place lid on top.
Frost each cupcake and add candies to top. Enjoy!
- 2 sticks Butter room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp bakiing powder
- 1 Lemon
- 2 sticks Butter
- 16 oz Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- 4 tbsp Rasperry Jam
- 2-4 drops red food coloring
- 10 oz Skittles America Mix Candies
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. Whist flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl. Slowly aadd to the butter mixture. Miix well until fully incorporated. Fill lined cupcake pans 3/4 of the way. Bake 18-22 minutes. Cool completely.
- Zest Lemon and set aside. Sift Powdered Sugar in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, cream butter until nice and smooth. Add 1/2 cup at a time to ensure it's fully mixed before adding more. Add the raspberry jam, zest, milk and food coloring. To assemble, carve out 1 inch piece from center of each cupcake, save the lid. Fill each cupcake with 1/4 cup skittles candies and put the lid back on. Frost the cupcakes and decorate with more Skittles.