Want to cut the calories on your favorite Taco? Try these Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps, they are ah-ma-ZING. Quick and Easy Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipe makes for an easy dinner recipe.
4 Servings | Ready in 15 Mins | Good for Dinner
About Ground Turkey Tacos Lettuce Wrap
Who doesn't love to cut some calories? Especially if it means saving room for some dessert, right? 😉
With summer in sight, Ground Turkey Tacos Lettuce Wrap is a low calorie, low carb, gluten free, Keto friendly recipe.
WOW! That's a mouth full but so worth it.
Ground Turkey Taco’s is a great alternative to other protein as it’s low in fat. Ground Turkey is both light and dark meat ground up together and can be used and substituted in any recipe that calls for Hamburger.
I prefer to use an 85/15 Fat Content as it gives just the right amount of fat to cook in.
But remember to drain off all excess fat. You don’t want that in your Turkey Taco Recipe
Have you ever cooked ground meats in the Instant Pot? Let me tell you, it's my new favorite!
Place your meat on a trivet with water or broth under it and cook. When it's done remove the liquid and trivet and break up the meat. Super Simple! Don't forget to season with salt and pepper.
You will want to clean out the drippings from the meat and wipe it out. Then add your cooked ground turkey back into the pot and with a wood spoon or spatula chop up the cooked meat.
It will fall apart in minutes.
Set your Instant Pot to "Saute'" and add in your onions and bell peppers. It will only take a few minutes. The vegetables will soften up and add excellent flavor.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Click the Red Pinterest Save button in the upper left corner of the pictures below
Don't forget to garnish your Tacos with Cheese, Sour Cream, Avocado, Tomato, onions and whatever else you love on your Taco Tuesday Tacos!
If you like what you saw, you will love these other great recipes too!
- Chicken Taquito Enchilada
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Sweet Corn Cakes
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Fajita Sliders
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- BBQ Chicken Tostada
- Sweet Salsa Chicken Salad
- Ground Turkey Tacos
- Spanish Rice
- Watermelon Salsa
Ground Turkey Tacos
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- ½ Cup Diced Onion
- ½ Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- ½ Cup Diced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbs Garlic
- ¾ Cup Salsa
- 3 Tbs Taco Seasonings
- ⅓ Cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- 8 Taco Size Tortilla Shells OR Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Directions:
- Place 1 cup water or Broth in Instant Pot
- Place 1 lb Ground Turkey on trivet in Instant Pot
- Set to Manual High (Pressure Cook) for 5 minutes and quick release
- Remove cooked ground turkey and discard any liquids in the pot. Clean or wipe out pot and put back in Instant Pot.
- Set to Saute' and Add cooked Turkey and with a wooden spoon chop up meat
- Add diced onion and bell peppers and stir
- Add Taco Seasoning, salsa and water and stir.
- Watch and stir for 4-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon filling into tortilla shells
- Stove Top Directions:
- Over medium/high heat Add ground Turkey to frying pan. Add Salt and Pepper. Cook until it reaches 165 degrees
- Add bell peppers, onions, taco seasoning, salsa, and water and stir.
- Cook until vegetables have softened to desired consistency.
- Add filling to tortilla shells and enjoy
- Sour Cream
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.