Indulge in the festive flavors of the season with our delightful No Bake Peppermint Pie, a blissful creation that captures the essence of the holidays in every creamy bite.
This easy-to-make dessert is a perfect addition to your winter gatherings, featuring a luscious Oreo Cookie Crust that provides a rich, chocolatey base for the enchanting combination of cool peppermint filling and airy whipped cream on top.
Let's dive into the simple steps to create a heavenly treat that's sure to become a seasonal favorite for family and friends.
Ingredients for No Bake Peppermint Pie
Dry Ingredients: Powdered Sugar, Oreo Crumbs
Wet Ingredients: Cream Cheese, Cool Whip, Peppermint Extract, Heavy Whipping Cream, Vanilla Extract
Additional: Red Food Coloring, Peppermint Candies, White Chocolate Peppermint Chunks, Peppermint Andes Mints
How to make Easy Peppermint Pie
Homemade Oreo Crust
1: Crush Oreo Cookies or chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs.
2: In a mixing bowl combine Oreo Crumbs with sugar and melted butter
3: Spray glass 9-inch pie pan with baking spray and place cookie crumbs into dish. Using a fork or back of a spoon press crumbs evenly on bottom of dish and sides for a crumb pie crust.
Peppermint Pie Filling
Supplies: Use a Large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer or hand mixer on low speed to combine softened cream cheese with 1 cup of powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon of peppermint flavor extract.
Adjust the color to your liking by adding a drop or two of red food coloring; I personally prefer a lovely light pink shade.
Carefully fold in Cool Whip whipped topping until just blended.
Spoon the velvety peppermint filling into the Oreo crust, ensuring an even spread.
Let the pie chill in the refrigerator until it's ready to be served, allowing the flavors to meld into a deliciously cool and festive treat.
For the perfect finishing touch: Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form, utilizing a whisk attachment for optimal results.
Introduce vanilla extract and powdered sugar, continuing to beat until the topping is well combined and holds its shape.
Spoon dollops onto the pie or spread it evenly over the top.
Make sure to sprinkle crushed peppermint candy canes on top, or get creative with mini chocolate chips or chopped peppermint Andes mint for an optional burst of flavor. This garnish adds the crowning glory to your already delightful No Bake Peppermint Pie. Enjoy!
Using room temperature cream cheese. It's best to allow the cream cheese to sit on counter for about an hour prior to use. This will allow the cream cheese to mix and blend together smoothly without creating little pieces through the creamy filling.
Use a rolling pin to crush candy cane pieces for garnish on top. Using mini candy canes works nicely as you will only need 1-2 mini canes as garnish.
Peppermint Bark or even mini chocolate chips are a great option as garnish. The possibility are endless.
Serve a slice of peppermint cream pie with a drizzle of milk chocolate smear on the plate for a fun special occasion
Storage and Freezing
This delicious pie should be stored chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It's best to keep covered so pie does not dry out or create a top layer crust. Using plastic wrap or placing in an airtight container is best.
To freeze pie wrap in plastic wrap and seal in pie plate and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow pie to thaw on counter for an hour prior to serving or place in refrigerator for a couple hours prior to serving to slowly thaw.
Peppermint desserts are a family favorite. We love to enjoy this fun no bake dessert for Holiday gatherings. With a Chocolate crust and a peppermint cream cheese mixture filling, this delicious dessert will be the highlight of your dessert table.
Substitutions or additions
Crust: Graham cracker crust, Shortbread Crust, or even a prebaked traditional crust can be used
Oreo Cookie Crumbs: Try using Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Cream Cheese: Try using a small box of Vanilla Instant Pudding mix with 1 ½ Cup whole milk.
Often called a No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe or even a Candy Cane Pie recipe it's an Easy Christmas Dessert Recipe that my boys adore. You will find that I keep one in the freezer for when the boys bring their friends home just to have a surprise treat for them.
No Bake Peppermint Pie
- Oreo Cookies - Crushed
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Butter - Melted
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese - Softened
- 16 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar - 120g
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Red Food Coloring
- Peppermint Candies - Crushed Candy Canes, Andes Mints, Peppermint White Chocolate, or even mini chocolate chips as garnish
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Crush Oreo Cookies in a food processor until crumbs
- In a mixing bowl combine Oreo Crumbs with sugar and melted butter
- Mix with a fork to combine
- Spray glass pie dish with baking spray and place cookie crumbs into dish. Using a fork or back of a spoon press crumbs evenly on bottom of dish and sides for a crumb pie crust.
Peppermint Pie Filling
- In a large mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese with 1 cup powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Add a drop or two of red food coloring until desired color is reached. I prefer a nice light pink color.
- Carefully add Cool Whip whipped topping to mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon filling into Oreo crust and spread evenly.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and continue to beat until combined and topping holds its shape
- Place dollops on pie or spread evenly over top of pie
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top, mini chocolate chips, or chopped peppermint andes mint (optional)
Storage:Pie should be stored in refrigerator until ready to serve for up to 5 days. Freeze pie by covering with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
All nutrition values are approximate and calculated by a plugin and are provided as a courtesy. Adding or subtracting ingredients will change the nutritional value.