We love to make Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, it’s filled with ham, green onions, cheese, and of course Eggs! With both Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and Stove Top Direction makes this a perfect Breakfast Casserole Recipe!
Big breakfast are something we all love to wake up to, and in our home that is no exception. In fact my husband will typically get up and start cooking. The wonderful smells will awaken everyone and we love it. Among our favorites are these breakfast recipes.
Tater Tots just make this breakfast casserole by providing a perfect layer on the bottom. I prefer using Tater Tots over frozen hash browns because of the added texture to Tater Tots which gives this recipe a good base. Added with Ham, Green Onions, eggs and sprinkled in cheese, makes this the perfect Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole for all family occasions.
But wait! That’s not all. Should you find yourself with leftover Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole it won’t go to waste. Did you know you can make a quick and easy Breakfast Burrito? Well you can! Just break up the casserole and load it into a tortilla and wrap it up. Serve with Salsa and it’s the perfect breakfast come Monday morning when you are headed to work or school for the kids. You know your mouth is watering. YUM!
Tater Tots might be the winning ingredient, but it takes a lot of ingredients to make a true party. Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole will be the hit of your next Brunch event and a perfect recipe to share with others.
How to make Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
This casserole couldn’t be easier. Place a layer of Tater Tots in the bottom of your greased pan. Mix up the eggs, milk, cheese, ham, and onions and pour over the top. That’s it! It’s ready to be baked or cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Phew! That was easy! 😉
Can Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole be frozen?
YES! In fact, here is a little tip. I’ve been know to meal prep and make this breakfast casserole. Then I break up the casserole and load it into tortillas for Breakfast Burritos. I wrap each burrito in foil and place in the freezer. They are perfect Breakfast Burritos for busy mornings. So weather you load this into a burrito or freeze whole, it will be perfect!
Can you make Tater Tot Casserole ahead of time?
The answer is YES! Music to my ears when I can make a recipe a head of time. Although, this recipe is so simple it really doesn’t need much prep work. But you can make it ahead and place it in the refrigerator. I have found it takes a little bit longer to bake and more time to pressure up but it’s the still absolutely delicious.
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Pinterest
Of course we love Pinterest. Who doesn’t? We have found that Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole can of course be made is so many variations. With added sausage and bacon and of course no meat at all but loaded with bell peppers and other delicious vegetables.
We know you will love these other amazing Breakfast Recipes too!
- Denver Quiche
- Sausage Gravy Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Coconut Tropical French Toast
- Stuffed French Toast
- Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- Maple Bacon Monkey Bread
And don’t forget to PIN this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe for later!
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup diced Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Ham Cubes
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese Grated *Divided
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 32 Tater Tots
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl whisk eggs and milk
- Add Diced Green Onions, Ham Cubes and 3/4 Cup Swiss cheese and stir to combine. Set Aside
- In a 2 tier Pot in Pot, or Sprint Form Pan, Grease Well.
- Add Tater Tots around the edge forming a ring, and fill in the center will additional Tater Tots. About 32 Tater Tots all together
- Pour Egg Mixture on top of Tater Tots and spread cheese and ham cubes evenly over Tater Tots
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 30-35 Minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean
- Garnish with 1/4 Cup Swiss Cheese and Green Onions if desired
- Serve Warm
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot
- Place Pot in Pot inside Instant Pot and set to Manual (Pressure Cook) High for 25 minutes.
- Quick Release
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen
- Place a lid on top of pan, and flip Breakfast Casserole out onto plate. If desired place lid on Breakfast Casserole again and flip to be right side up.
- Garnish with 1/4 cup Swiss Cheese and Green Onions.
- Serve Warm
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 151mg Sodium: 504mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 13g