Make sure to SHARE this Recipe with others!
I love a good Omelette, so why not take my favorite omelette and make it into a Quiche! Denver Quiche is everything and more. Oh it’s good!
Making Quiche in the Instant Pot is so easy using a stackable pan insert or a spring form pan.
6 Servings | Ready in 25 minutes | Good for Breakfast | 6qt Instant Pot
What is a Denver Quiche?
I’m feeling like a broken record, but I REALLY Love Quiche and this one is no exception. A Denver Omelette is my favorite omelette so it’s only natural that I put a spin on that recipe and make a quiche, with all the same flavors you would expect from a Denver Omelette!
The ingredients for this are pretty simple, eggs, mushrooms, ham, bell peppers, cheese and green onions. Oh and of course heavy cream and sour cream. Without it, you just won’t get the right texture you are looking for!
In a bowl combine the egg, milk, cream, and all the fresh ingredients and stir.
Using a stackable pan with trivet makes putting the quiche in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker quick and easy. But you can always make a foil sling to lower the quiche when using a springform pan.
What Makes Quiche Fluffy?
Well Eggs of course! Egg is the main basic ingredient and when it’s whisked air is added and the texture will be light and fluffy.
Why is my Quiche Watery on Top?
PLEASE PLEASE read this, it will save you so much headache, I promise. When a temperature is too hot the milk and cheese can separate producing a clear watery liquid. You can easily blotted off with a paper towel if it’s a problem. In this recipe for Denver Quiche I have found that the mushrooms and bell pepper really add extra liquid that needs to be blotted off.
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? PIN IT NOW!
Looking for more great mouthwatering Breakfast Recipes?
Let me help!
- Quiche Lorraine
- Broccoli Bacon Quiche
- Ham and Swiss Quiche
- Baked Christmas Quiche
- Homestyle Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- Easy Stuffed French Toast
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Ham cubes
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup diced Green Onions
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- In a bowl crack eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add Ham cubes, cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced mushrooms, diced bell pepper, and diced green onions. And stir to combine.
- Add Heavy Cream, Milk and Pepper. Stir to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Grease pan. You can use a Stackable pan insert or a spring form pan. Please note. A Springform pan will need to be wrapped in foil so it doesn't leak.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups water to Instant Pot.
- Place pan on trivet and set to Manual for 25 minutes. Quick Release pressure when complete.
- Run a knife around the inside of the pan to loosen and flip out onto a plate.
- *optional - Sprinkle with additional cheese and green onions.
Garnish with Salsa as desired
*Sometimes a quiche will have clear liquid run off. This is due to the pressure cooking of the milk, cream and cheese separating under pressure. Blot the excess liquid if needed with a paper towel.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 252 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 239mg Sodium: 367mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 13g