Sweet fresh Fruit makes this Easy Bruschetta a crowd pleaser for any Brunch or evening Appetizer.
About this Recipe
I love the smiles I see when I serve this fun and easy fruit bruschetta. A complete twist on a traditional appetizer that I just love. The sweet toasted bread, combined with cream cheese and delicious fruit just please the tastebuds each and every time.
What is Bruschetta?
Traditional Bruschetta is an antipasto from Italy consisting of grilled bread with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt. This recipe for Easy Fruit Bruschetta plays on a traditional bruschetta with grilled bread topped with butter and the sweetness from fruit.
When is Bruschetta Served?
Bruschetta is typically served as an appetizer or an accompaniment to a meal. It can be prepared with a variety of toppings to enhance whatever is served. Easy Fruit Bruschetta is both sweet and savory. The toasted baguette sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar are balanced by the savory from the cream cheese and bread. The fresh fruit tops off this recipe perfectly.
How to Toast Bruschetta?
- Preheat Broiler
- Line a cookie sheet with a single layer of sliced bread.
- Brush with melted butter
- Place bread under broiler until lightly toasted.
We have come to enjoy this quick and Easy Bruschetta Recipe for a Sunday Brunch or a special evening meal. Although this is a non traditional Bruschetta, I still love to make it and I love the smiles on the faces of those I serve it to. It can always be made with a variety of fruits you have and prefer the most. The combination of the sweet fruit with the cream cheese and toasted bread just melts in your mouth.
Cutting the baguette on an angle will make a longer more oval shaped piece of bread which gives this a little than a 2 bite appetizer.
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash and slice fruit. Cut fruit into medium/small chunk size and stir in 1 tbs sugar. set aside
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon and mix. Set aside
- Slice baguette and layer a single layer on a cookie sheet. Brush melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of each slice of bread.
- Lightly toast under broiler
- Spread a thin layer cream cheese and top with fruit mixture. Garnish with chopped fresh mint.
- For Full Recipe ~ Scroll to the Bottom
See how simple these appetizers are to make!
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Easy Fruit Bruschetta
- 1 pt Fresh Raspberries Washed and hulled
- 1 pt Fresh Blackberries washed and sliced
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries Washed and Sliced
- 1 4oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/4C + 1Tbs Cup+Tbs Sugar 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbs Divided
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Baguette sliced
- 4 Tbls Butter melted
- 2 Tbls Fresh Mint Chopped *optional
- Slice and chop Raspberries, Strawberries and Blackberries and stir in 1 tbs sugar. Set aside
- Melt Butter in a small bowl and set aside
- Slice Baguette and place on a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon and mix to combine. Set aside
- Brush Baguette slices with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and place under broiler for 3-4 minutes or until toasted.
- Spread a Thin layer of cream cheese on top of each baguette slice and top with fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped mint on top as garnish