About this Recipe
I love the smell of sweet Banana Bread baking in my oven. It warms my home, and invites everyone in. I also love how to takes with butter melted into the warm Banana Bread fresh from the oven. Comfort food heaven for sure!
We love Bananas and I buy them often, which often times leads to a few perfectly ripe bananas too. You only need 3 or 4 large ripe bananas to make a wonderful batch of Sweet and Scrumptious Banana Bread. This recipe will make 2 loaves. Perfect for one to eat and one to share! Banana Bread is a quick bread which means it doesn’t require yeast or kneading. It also means it quick to throw/mixtogether and get it into the oven. I make this recipe using my Bosch mixer which I love. It handles all my larger recipes and I love it. However, because this is a quick bread recipe, you can also use a hand mixer to make this banana bread. The dough is more like a thick muffin mixture, so hand mixers also work great too.
Nuts are Optional
If you love nuts, you can add a cup of your favorite nuts to this recipe. I love pecans and always have them on hand. So I typically use pecans when possible. However, walnuts are also delicious in this recipe as well. When baking with nuts, it’s important to realize that typically your bread will bake quicker. This is because the nut will heat up in your mixture and help bake the middle faster. So adjust for that and cut your time down by 5 minutes and test the doneness with a toothpick. Banana Bread with or without nuts is a favorite of ours.
We also love to add some sugar to the top of quick breads. It gives a light a flaky sweet crusty topping. It’s delicious. However, you can also omit this if you prefer aa less sweet bread. Honestly either way is wonderful!
When Baking with nuts in this recipe, cut your baking time down by 5 minutes. Nuts increase the internal temperature and will cook the bread faster.
Step by Step Instructions
Scroll to the bottom for complete recipe
- In a large mixer or mixing bowl peel ripened bananas and mash. Add sugar, vanilla, eggs and butter and cream for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in dry ingredients. Baking power, Baking Soda, Salt and Flour. Mix and combine.
- Add milk and nuts (nuts are optional)
- Split batter into 2 well greased loaf pans and sprinkle sugar on top to make the light and flaky sweet crust top
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Insert toothpick to check for doneness.
Watch how simple Banana Bread is made!
Full Recipe is down below.
Scrumptious Banana Bread
- 3-4 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Cup Flour
- 6 Tbs Milk
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts *optional
Flaky Crusty Topping
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, or mixer place ripened bananas and mash. Add 2 cups sugar, vanilla and eggs one at a time.
- Add butter and cream for 3-4 minutes
- Add dry ingredients – Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda. Mix to combine
- Add milk and nuts if desired. Baking with nuts will alter the baking time by 5+ minutes shorter.
- Spray 2 loaf pans and divide batter into pans evenly.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of batter to create a light and flakey crust.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Flip out of loaf pans onto a plate, serve with butter or eat plain. Enjoy!