I love Easy Cinnamon Rolls, it’s all the flavors I love from a Traditional Cinnamon Rolls but made so much easier and faster. It’s a process I picked up from my Sister in Law decades ago and I still use it today.
What Makes an Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipe?
- Easy Cinnamon Rolls are easy because of the process.
- Instead of rolling up the dough filled with brown sugar and cinnamon you make a quick flat circle topped with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- The easy twisting sections make for a beautiful presentation, and are easily cut for enjoying after baking. It’s just easy!
Instant Pot Raising Dough
Fun Fact! I’ve found that using the “Yogurt” button warms the inside of the Instant Pot to a perfectly warm temperature that speeds up the raising process of bread dough. I’m Serious!
This dough will double in size in half the time a normal recipe states. Amazing Instant Pot Hack and I’m hooked on.
Just spray the inside liner with cooking spray and drop your Cinnamon Roll dough in. Set the Yogurt Button to “Low” and place a glass lid or a dinner plate on top.
Now, let your pressure cooker do it's magic!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t worry. The dough can raise in a warm spot on the kitchen counter just the same.
Well almost, it will take a bit more time. 😉
When I was young(er) and newly married my Sister in Law happen to make this Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipe. WOW! My mind was blown.
It was so quick, fast, and easy to throw together. It wasn’t so much the recipe as it was the process to make the Cinnamon Ring.
Over the years I’ve made hundreds of these Easy Cinnamon Rolls to deliver to friends and family, mostly for the holidays.
Layering 2 pieces of dough with brown sugar, cinnamon and sugar in between makes a great cinnamon ring. And so much easier than rolling dough and cutting it up.
These rings are made smaller so they are perfect for a family to enjoy. Now, wouldn’t you enjoy receiving one of these? I know I would!
How to Bake Easy Cinnamon Rolls?
Baking these Easy Cinnamon Rolls is super simple. I find these cook evenly because of how it’s placed on the pan. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
How to Make Easy Cinnamon Roll Glaze?
The perfect glaze for Easy Cinnamon Rolls is 2 cups powdered sugar, ¼ cup cold butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 3-4 tbs milk.
Cut the butter into the powdered sugar then add the vanilla and mix in the milk. A hand mixer works great to get a smooth texture. Mmmm.. Perfect every time!
How to make Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipe from Scratch?
Making bread recipes from scratch can be hard, but with the right recipe it becomes easy. This recipe has been tried and tested over and over and it just works.
Follow the recipe, watch the quick video and you will make perfect rolls! I also prefer to use a large stand mixer. I love my Bosch!
How to make Easy Cinnamon Rolls Cream Cheese Frosting?
Do you love a little cream cheese in your frosting? Me too!
Use 2 cups powdered sugar, ¼ cup cold butter, 3 oz Cream Cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 3-4 tbs milk.
Cut the butter into the powdered sugar then add the vanilla and mix in the milk and cream cheese. You will have a much thicker frosting with the goodness of cream cheese.
Pin this Recipe for Later!
Everyone loves a little bit of glaze or frosting on their cinnamon rolls. We love to combine 2 Cups powdered sugar, ¼ cup cold butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 3-4 teaspoon milk.
I like to use a cheese grater to grate the butter into small pieces that easily can be cut into the powdered sugar. So quick and easy.
How to make Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- In a large bowl combine warm water, sugar, oil, salt and yeast. Allow to proof for 10 minutes. Then Add yeast mixture to Stand Mixer with 3 cups flour and combined.
- Adding 3 more cups flour and add eggs one at a time. Then add 3 more cups flour. Add remaining 1 – 1 ½ cups slowing. Dough should be soft but not sticky. Set dough aside to raise for 20 minutes or see Instant Pot Hack for raising dough.
- Roll out a small amount of dough into a 10in diameter and cover with brown sugar and cinnamon/sugar mixture. Roll out another small amount of dough in 10in diameter and place on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut center circle and cut slices. Twist each slice a full twist and place down on pan. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Add glaze or frosting to warm Cinnamon Ring. Garnish with fresh fruit. Serve and enjoy!
More Amazing Bread Sweet Bread Recipes!
- Sweet Bread
- 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Lemon Pull a Parts
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Zucchini Coconut Lime Bread
- Scrumptious Banana Bread
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 ½ Cup Warm Water
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Oil
- ½ Tbs Salt
- 5 Tbs Active Yeast
- 3 Eggs
- 10 - 10 ½ Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar * for each ring
- ½ Cup White Sugar * for each ring
- 2 Tbs Cinnamon * for each ring
- In a large bowl place warm water, sugar, oil, salt and yeast. Gently stir and set aside for 10 minutes to allow yeast to proof.
- In a large stand mixer add 3 cups flour and pour yeast mixture into flour.
- All to mix
- Add 3 more cups flour and allow to mix
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add 3 more cups of flower and allow to mix for 2-3 minutes
- And additional 1 to 1 ½ cups slowly - ½ cup at a time and allow to fully incorporate into dough. Dough should be soft but not overly sticky.
- Remove from mixer and allow to raise for 20 minutes in a warm spot. *see Instant Pot Hack below in notes
- Take a small portion. About the size of a large fist and roll out to a circle about 10 in diameter.
- Sprinkle Brown Sugar over rolled dough
- Mix Sugar and Cinnamon and sprinkle half of it over dough.
- Set aside.
- Repeat step 9 and place on top of dough with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon
- Using a glass cut a circle in the center of the Cinnamon Roll.
- Using a Pizza Cutter or sharp knife, cut slits around the circle about 2 inches apart. Do not cut up to the center circle. Leave about ¾ inch buffer.
- Take each section and twist a full twist and place down.
- Repeat this will all slices
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes
- Drizzle with frosting
Are you letting the twisted dough rise before baking?
Hi Vicki, no I do not do a 2nd raise. I pop it into the oven and bake. When I'm making multiple like this recipe allows, I wait to roll out the 2nd one until the baking is mostly complete.
Can you freeze the dough ahead of time and then thaw and bake when needed?
Yes you can freeze the dough. Just allow it to thaw out on the counter fully before baking.
How many sets of rolled circles does this recipe yield?
You can make 3 of this Cinnamon Rings with this recipe. Or you can use the dough to make traditional Cinnamon Rolls.
Can't wait to make these awesome
Theresa ~ These are so fun and easy. I love making them into a twist.