If you love Reeces Peanut Butter Cups, then this Easy Buckeye Recipe is for you! Made with Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Pretzels it’s the perfect dessert or snack to curb your sweet tooth.
I enjoy this quick and Easy Buckeye Recipe and make it often to take to events instead of cookies. Why? Well, because Buckeyes have a familiar favorite flavor and are just enough different from cookies to be eaten up quickly. And who doesn’t love that? I sure do!
Buckeyes is a candy treat made from a peanut butter and partially dipped in chocolate to leave a circle of peanut butter visible. The recipe for Buckeyes are similar to peanut butter balls, which are completely covered in chocolate. This Easy Buckeye Recipe has added Pretzels for a wonderful sweet and salty combination.
To start, add your butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar to a large bowl
With a hand mixer, mix on low until combined. Trust me here folks, using a higher speed will only throw powdered sugar and bits of butter and peanut butter all over your kitchen.
Once mixture is combined, go ahead and increase the speed of the hand mixture to make a smooth, but thick mixture that can be formed into a ball in the palm of your hands.
I personally like to use a small Cookie Scoop to scoop out the perfect size ball and place on a pretzel, then I squish a pretzel on top until some of the filling pokes out the holes.
How to Melt Chocolate for Dipping?
Instant Pot Trick:
I’m not kidding on how simple this trick is. In your Instant Pot place 5-6 cups water and set to Saute’. Using a larger glass bowl, place on top of your Instant Pot. This will create a double boiler. Place your chocolate pieces in the bowl and allow the water to heat up below. As the water heats up, the chocolate will melt. Stir with a rubber or silicone spatula until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to Warm to keep melted chocolate a perfect consistency.
Dip your Pretzel Buckeye Bites into chocolate and place on a lined cookie sheet to harden. Don’t these Easy Buckeye Bites look amazing?
How to Store Easy Buckeye Recipe
Easy Buckeye Recipe truly are easy with very little mess. They are so fun and hardly last long enough to even harden in my home. But if you must store some for later, just place Buckeye Candy into an airtight container. It’s also best to keep cool on the counter out of direct sunlight.
How to make Buckeye Peanut Butter Balls?
It doesn’t matter if you make Buckeye Balls, or this Easy Buckeye Recipe, the ingredients for the smooth peanut butter mixture is the same. And both are dipped 1/2 way into chocolate. You can’t wrong. I find it’s easiest to dip the Buckeye Balls when they have chilled with a toothpick on top. That way they are easy to dip in the warm chocolate without making a mess. For that same reason I enjoy these Easy Buckeye Recipe because they are so easy to dip and keep your hands clean. Well that’s assuming you don’t sneak a taste while dipping. 😉
PIN Easy Buckeye Recipe for Later ~ You will love these quick and easy treats!
Don’t stop here, try these other great treat recipes. They are delicious!
- Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies Cookies
- Candy Dipped Valentine’s Day OREOs
- Leprechaun Dipped OREO’s
- Chocolate Dipped Chips
- Mickey Mouse Candy Dipped Oreos
- Christmas Cookies
- Fancy Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla *optional
- Approx 72 Small Pretzels
- 1 Pkg Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl combine softened butter, Peanut Butter, Vanilla and Powdered Sugar. Mix with a hand mixer on low speed until combined and then increase speed to smooth mixture.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop Peanut Butter Balls and place on a Pretzel. Top with additional Pretzel and smoosh together until Peanut Butter Mixture pokes through Pretzel holes.
- Using an Instant Pot, place 5-6 cups water in pot and set to Saute
- Place a larger glass bowl on top of Instant Pot to create a double boiler. The steam from the water will heat up the glass bowl and perfectly melt the chocolate
- Add Chocolate Chips to bowl and allow to melt stirring occasionally until smooth
- Dip Pretzel Bites into chocolate half way and then place on a lined cookie sheet to cool
- Allow to cool until hard about 30 minutes
- Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 2-Piece Set
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.