Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips will appeal to both your sweet tooth and the salty cravings you have. Dip these potato chips to wow your tastebuds for a fun sweet and salty taste
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
I believe it’s good to eat a piece of chocolate a day, any kind of chocolate. It just makes me happier and my local Candy Shop Florence’s Chocolate would agree!
I also like to change it up when it comes to eating chocolate which is why I do love these Chocolate Covered Potato Chips. The sweet and salty combination really is perfect for when you are craving both!
15 Servings | Ready in 40 minutes | Good for Dessert | 6qt Instant Pot
Instant Pot Trick:
This simple this trick is a life changer. In your Instant Pot place 5-6 cups water and set to Saute’. Using a larger glass bowl, place on top of your Instant Pot. This will create a double boiler. Place your chocolate pieces in the bowl and allow the water to heat up below. As the water heats up, the chocolate will melt. Stir with a rubber or silicone spatula until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to Warm to keep melted chocolate a perfect consistency.
How to Dip your Potato Chips
Once you have melted your chocolate using the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Hack grab your chips and one by one dip half of the chip into chocolate and shake off the excess. Then place on wax paper to cool and harden.
Can I add toppings to the chocolate?
Oh Yeah you can!!! Did I mention how good Bacon is on Chocolate Covered Potato Chips? Don’t knock it until you try it! The sweet, salty, with bacon is ah-ma-ZING! I promise!
More Great Dipped Recipes ~ Try Them!
My Chocolate is too thick, how do I thin it down?
Don’t worry. Your best chocolates will be too thick. Add 1/2 Tbs of Shortening and allow to melt into the chocolate. Then stir to mix. Keep adding 1/2 Tbs until you reach the desired consistency.
How to store Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
Should you have any left that you need to store, keep in a sealed container.
Want to Save this Recipe for Later? PIN IT NOW!
There’s more! More great Dipped Recipes!
- Valentine Oreos
- Easy Buckeye Recipe
- Mickey Mouse Candy Dipped Oreos
- Leprechaun Dipped Oreos
- Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips
- Easy Christmas Cookie
- Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies
- 1 Bag Family Size 15oz Lays Wavy Potato Chips
- 1 Bag Giradelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 - 1 Tbs Shorting
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Bacon (optional)
- Pour 5-6 Cups water in Instant Pot and set to Saute'
- Place large glass bowl on top of Instant Pot and pour Chocolate Chips in bowl
- Allow water to heat up and create steam. The Steam will heat up the glass bowl and melt the chocolate chips.
- Add 1/2 to 1 Tbs Shortening to chocolate to thin it down for dipping.
- Line Baking sheet with wax paper
- Dip Wavy Chips one at a time into chocolate and place on wax paper
- (Optional) Sprinkle Bacon Crumbles on Chocolate.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Add 1/2 to 1 Tbs Shortening to chocolate to thing it down for dipping.
- Line Baking sheet with wax paper and dip Chips into chocolate. Place on wax paper to cool
- Sprinkle with crumbled Bacon bits (optional)
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 245 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 285mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 5g