The cilantro-lime flavor is delicious in a dip! We've seen it in rice and salad dressings and people just can't seem to get enough of it.
And that's exactly how we feel about this Cilantro Lime Dip - it's like a dip into heaven and so versatile for so many recipes.
Where to use Cilantro Lime dip
Use this Cilantro Lime Dip with chips, for Taco's, smothered on Enchiladas, or dolloped on Chicken Fajitas.
The options are endless. This is a smooth dip with a twist of lime that will awaken your taste buds to enhance all things Mexican.
If you want a little bit of heat, you can add ¼ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper to heat it up. But that is purely up to you!
This Cilantro Lime Dip is an easy recipe that will make you look like you know what you are doing in the kitchen. Your guests, your family, and your friends will come back for more every time!
How to make Cilantro Lime Dip
In a food processor place sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice and zest and process for about 30 seconds until it's a smooth creamy texture. That's it - Really, it's that simple!
What is Cilantro?
Wikipedia explains Cilantro as Coriander, which is also known as Chinese parsley, the stems and leaves of which are usually called cilantro in North America.
Did you know that all parts of the plant are edible? They are! But typically the fresh leaves are the parts most traditionally used in cooking.
What is Cilantro used for?
Cilantro gives a fresh boost of flavor to many recipes used in Mexican dishes among other recipes. Wonderful flavors in Salsas to guacamole.
Try Cilantro Lime Dip is also wonderful on Chicken Fajita Sliders.. OH It's SOO GOOD!
Do you love Cilantro Lime like we do? Try these other recipes
- Fajita Chicken Sliders
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Honey Lime Enchiladas
- Oven Baked Fajitas
- Pork Street Tacos
- Navajo Tacos
- Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- Homemade Chicken Taquitos
- Ground Turkey Tacos
Cilantro Lime Dip
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Limes Juiced
- ½ Zest from one Lime
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper *Optional
- Zest ½ Lime and place in a food processor
- Juice from 1 lime. See "How To Juice Limes" for an easy quick way to Juice limes.
- Place sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped cilantro, lime juice and zest in a food processor and process for 30 seconds until smooth. Cayenne Pepper is optional. Add if you like a little bit of spice.
- Use as a dip for Chicken Fajitas, Taco's, Enchiladas and more. Store in refrigerator.